Sign in to follow this  
G60 Bob

Oversteer in the wet - characteristic or damping?

In a world where all FWD cars understeer to hell the Corrado is a breath of fresh air, not "tail happy".

All IMHO, of course.. ;)

Not all FWD cars understeer......Integra Type R, Focus RS, Pug 205 etc

The Corrado VR6 is setup for understeer at the factory though. 20mm front anti-roll bar and nothing at the back, so to get the tail out, you're doing well.....

If you want over steer, take the front bar off and fit a 28mm rear one :-)

When you had the car lowered did you have a proper 4 wheel alignment done or just had the tracking checked at Kwik-Fit? If you didnt have hte full 4 wheel effort done then go get it done straight away, will make a huge difference to the car.....

Other options are as stated by the other guys but probably due ot you having good wet weather tyres on the front and crap on the back.

I run my FK konigsports at full soft on the rear, one turn up from soft on the front, with 35psi i nthe front tyres, 30 psi in the back..... Give that a go after trying Kev Haywires recommendation...

Also, if you have Gran Tourismo on the Playstation you can see how suspension set up changes the car.. Take a "normal" FWD car and try swapping from soft all round to soft front hard rear then to hard front soft rear. You wil lsee the difference as GT has enough chassis dynamics built into it to show up..... Plus it a good excuse to get the PS out again..lol

I pulled off my Eibach 22mm front ARB last night and refitted the standard one (20mm) and left the Eibach 25mm rear one in place. As I suspected, it's much better. I fitted the pair last year as they're sold that way and I'd not tried them on a Rado before......but in all honesty, the Adjustable Neuspeed rear bar on it's own and a rear brace is all a Rado needs to kill understeer :-)

Anyone want a pair of Eibach ARBs? :-)