Sign in to follow this  
marcus

GSF VR clutch

What do people think of GSF clutch kits??

If anyone can suggest alternative clutch kits and where to buy that'd be grand.

Thanks

Vince at Stealth has replaced many Sachs clutches on VR6s. He's also replaced many LUK clutches on VR6's, all under warranty. He's replaced them all with VW ones!

It appears there's something picky about the VR6 that means you simply have to buy the VW clutch.

hope these VR6 sachs / LUK cluches arent that bad i am about to get one fitted to my G60!

i bought one of these....

helix.JPG

...wonder if its any good? :roll:

Lovely. Yes they are good, can take about 350lb/ft.... but be warned, paddle clutches can be juddery and grabby.

hope these VR6 sachs / LUK cluches arent that bad i am about to get one fitted to my G60!

I don't think there's anything fundamentally wrong with them, it's just that the VR tends to judder with them. Vince has said to me in the past that he's never had trouble with them in any other cars, only VRs..

helix.JPG

...wonder if its any good? :roll:

Lovely. Yes they are good, can take about 350lb/ft.... but be warned, paddle clutches can be juddery and grabby.

350lb/ft + upto 40%

so in theory could hold upto 490lb/ft, plus mine being fwd (for time being) so will be ok, more critical on 4wd

helix.JPG

but be warned, paddle clutches can be juddery and grabby.

Mine isn't! and my flywheel is a fraction af the weight of yours Kev!

How much did you get this for, i NEED an old VR slutch kit and i can then offer organic and Paddle clutches, 4 or 5 puk versions

Chris

I had a LUK clutch in my old 8v, in fact the LUK clutch lasted longer than the black diamond it replaced!

I had no end of problems with various pattern clutches fitted to my G60 a few years ago, the VAG ones are a mixture of LuK and SACHS parts of much higher quality of the stuff they sell as pattern, for the sake of £25 comapared with 4 hours labour it's really not worth it...

well its already in my garage having just spent £80, i guess i will have to take the risk and get the LUK clutch fitted.. how much is a VAG Vr6 clutch?

We run many G60's with the LUK Vr6 Clutch's Mike with no problems so i wouldn't panic to much.

phew! didnt really fancy a last minute dash to the stealers before the car goes to G-werks next week :)

well its already in my garage having just spent £80, i guess i will have to take the risk and get the LUK clutch fitted.. how much is a VAG Vr6 clutch?

I'd be happy enough fitting a LUK clutch to my VR6!

It'll be just fine, generally is but there's always lots of indecision on forums so you need to look through most of it, just like the sprung steel paddle ones, people say they aren't good for the road as they judder so much, not in my case and i can only speak from experience.

Let me have the one that comes out please?

Chris