Sign in to follow this  
BlackHeartValentine

New Head Questions

I am getting my new head in (57k) next week and I know I'm going to need a new head gasket and new intake manifold gasket and new head gasket bolts...but what else do I need? Do I need to get a new gasket(s) for where the super charger bolts on the the block? Do I have to remove the super charger to get the new head on? What else should I do/clean up/replace while I have the old head off this weekend? any advice would be greatly appreciated 8)

OK, for a straight head swap you'll need:

10x headbolts

1x head gasket

1x set (4) exhaust manifold gaskets

1x exhaust manifold to downpipe gasket

1x inlet manifold gasket

1x rocker cover gasket

2x rubber O ring for the plastic water flanges (I'd also change the flanges and blue and black temp sensors and O rings too, but I'm like that!)

1x oil filter

1x 5L oil

4x injector seals (optional, but I tend to do these just for safety)

While you're in there I'd also put on a new cam belt and belt tensioner on as it's easy enough to do while it's all apart... ;)

Supercharger doesn't attach to the head anywhere, so there's no gasket there... 8)

Good luck!

Does any one know why the intake manifold gasket has a bigger ring between the 3rd and 4th cylinders ? Its in the way of a bolt hole. In the picture above its showing 2 different types.