Sign in to follow this  
corozin

Alfa Brera GTA V6 whup-assed

Came across my first Alfa Brera (a GTA V6) on the road earlier this afternoon.

I can only say that car is even more amazing in the metal than it is the magazines, it's truly a beautiful car, especially in red.

Fortunately for me, the owner of this one fancied putting his foot down a bit and we had "a bit of a go for it" on the A35, him tailing me. They are pretty quick, I did drop him after about 5 miles, but I think that was as much due to me driving a modified Corrado as anything else. In a straight line the two cars were very similar, but I started to inch out a bit above 100mph. However the Brera looked very unsettled and squirmy trying to follow me around a few roundabouts.

So, a big "thumbs up" to the Alfa driver for being brave enough to drive his new expensive (and bery beautiful) toy hard. Hold out your hand though mate, and I'll pass you the can o' whup-ass that you earned :D

* ! SLAP ! *

John

p.s. I also saw my first "new" RS4 today, and it looked as hard as nails. No way was I messing with that!

Yeah - seen a couple of new RS4's in Leamington and apart from looking hard as nails, they sound epic! Even just cruising, they just snarl as they go past.. stunning motors! :)

Totally agree with you on the RS4 - total beast. Relatively subtle too.

But the Brera? Massively over-rated imo. I think the only nice bit is the nose. Fair play to the driver though - can't have had too many miles on it and he's already ragging it! :)

im holding my head in shame :oops: , got dusted by a peugeot speed flight today at a set of lights , i stalled , yes im holding my head in shame :cry: , spotty faced little tosser :censored:

I echo the RS4 praise - got to have a good look round one at dusseldorf airport and they are ard as feck - kind of car i have earmarked for ownership when prices come down

Audi%20RS4%20-%20Frontale2%20800.jpg

you know little twist and go scooter , please im embarassed enough already but hay WTF like i said i stalled wasnt really paying attention to the lights so the litte git got the jump on me LOL , theres no way im going to live it down is there :oops:

I should qualify my comments about dusting the Brera around the roundabouts, my car runs big brakes, race-spec tyres and a Quaife ATB so it wasn't really a fair fight.

... still no need (or time) to tell HIM that, LOL

scooter? what one of those plebs that try to drive under your car 'meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh'!

That is a bit embrassing dude - but your best keeping clear of those scroats, they are on a death wish.

scooter? what one of those plebs that try to drive under your car 'meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh'!

That is a bit embrassing dude - but your best keeping clear of those scroats, they are on a death wish.

yep you know the ones , little gits that usualy beat your mirrors of in traffic , i was going to run him over but my son pointed out i would mark my paint work LOL , my son got great plesure in telling my wife when we got home :oops:

Mate i reckon you should sell your rado and move to the shetland isles or something.

Shame on you :(

im packing as we talk :cry: im sorry :cry: im leaving now :cry: