Sign in to follow this  
Danger Mouse

standard exhaust

My G60 still has the standard exhaust that I am quite happy with. The only problem is that the centre section is cracking and is held to the car with cable ties (i didnt do that, sorry Julesz)

I was advised by my friend who is a mechanic to leave the exhaust as it is until I desperately need to change it.

Does anyone disagree with my mechanic friend, I would just like as much input as possible.

If I have to change my exhaust I would like to keep it to a nice smallish size that does not make a massive sound like a 1.0 litre Corsa with a bam and a baseball cap driving it.

Regards

DM

Ps sorry if there are any bams with baseball caps here :lol:

well the last thing you want is for the exhaust to fall off when your miles from home,as for changing it to an after market one,most out there are pretty quite,and there are loads to choose from

Hey Thomas. The cetre box isnt held on with cable ties. The reason they are there is because its a heavy exhaust and it stretches the standard rubber fixes after a while. When you have passengers it will bump on the rear axel (i think?). The cable ties were a temporary measure but have done the job well for a year now... I believe you can get fixes with a chain inside?

cool mate, iv not had any problems to be honest its just when my mate was replaceing some things he noticed it and brought it up.

cars running great, got a clifford cat 1 alarm and the windows tinted now, looks good

take care mate

DM

Cable ties or jubilee clips wrapped around the rubber hangers has been done for years! The OE hangers are way too soft imo and putting a jubilee clip round the rubber effectively stiffens it up and stops the exhaust sagging and swaying about under cornering.

Kev