Sign in to follow this  
Walesy

Leccy Windows

Bonjour

My P/S window will only go up and down with the D/S switch.

I've tried changing the P/S switch and it made no difference.

Has anyone had this problem? Is it likely to be the window controll unit or more likely to be a wiring problem?

Cheers for any help.

Bob

After looking at those wiring diagrams on the Russian site, I fear it may be time for a new electric window control unit. You may be able to sort the one you have depending on how skilled you are with all things electrical/electronic.

Cheers bcstudent, And happy birthday mate! ( aswell as Chris Hill and Xbones! )

I'd rather it was the controll unit - i'm no good with wiring :)

1, How often do you have passengers in?

2, You can put it down if you need it or for them if they ask nicely!

3, Could it be the drivers side? Maybe something to do with the fact you can only do one window at a time and the drivers switch is making the pass one think its pressed or something? Try unplugging the drivers switch and see if it works then.

(Warning: Any tech advice given by me could make no sense at all!)

1. All the time

2. My wife drives the car so it's me that has to ask nicely!

3. That actually might be a valid point :lol: - i'll check!

It looks like the interlocks between the window switches are also managed inside the control unit. So unless it's a wiring fault, which is easily tested, there's no getting away from a control unit replacement I'd say.

there's no getting away from a control unit replacement I'd say

I can get hold of one pretty easily so it's not too much of a problem, i'll give it a try!

Cheers

Test for continuity between the d/s and p/s switch - if there is no power there then that's your problem. Basically disconnect the switch and, with the ignition on, check for power across the pins. I think ETKA has the switch wiring diagram, but if not theres only 6 pins to check in sequence. Check connections to the window control uit to see if tehe are any obvious open circuits.

Failing that, take out the drivers switch, dismantle it and see if the legs of the connectors are not shorting out the circuit board. Safest bet here is once you've got teh switch apart, just lift the curcuit board slightly with a small screwdriver and carefully slide a small strip of insulation tape between the pins and the pcb. If it still doesnt work then get a new control unit!