Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Joe

URGENT Help needed!!!!! Need picture of underside of G60 TB

I've had to strip down my throttle body to replcae some bits on it and do some porting. However in my wisdom I forgot how to put part of it back together and I cannot for the life of me work it out!!!!

I need to figure out how the boost return butterfly linkage goes back together, the part on the underside outer part of the throttle body. So if anyone has one off the car at the mo, of has pics of how it all goes back together I would be very grateful. If taking fresh pics could you do it at a few angles to help me get best idea of how it goes.

I need to get this back together tonight hopefully!!!!

Thanks guys (and girls!)

@2_Door_fun nice - a lot of effort you went to there!

Hi mate.

Hows yr car?

Well after its 5 month rebuild my car is now running. I had alot of help from here. Well all apart from my window cables that have snapped this week :p As some girls take an interest in me and the car. My mate buts in who drives a knackered 167000 mile Diesel Vectra 'his windows don't work though' !!! So just away of saying thanx to all on the forum really.

I think that a lack of photo's is the forum's only weakness. On my previous Saab forum we loaded it with how too's n photo's. In the end nobody used their Haynes manual. 1st hand knowledge was much quicker and more acurate.

@2_Door_fun nice - a lot of effort you went to there!

Hi mate.

Hows yr car?

Well after its 5 month rebuild my car is now running. I had alot of help from here. Well all apart from my window cables that have snapped this week :p As some girls take an interest in me and the car. My mate buts in who drives a knackered 167000 mile Diesel Vectra 'his windows don't work though' !!! So just away of saying thanx to all on the forum really.

I think that a lack of photo's is the forum's only weakness. On my previous Saab forum we loaded it with how too's n photo's. In the end nobody used their Haynes manual. 1st hand knowledge was much quicker and more acurate.[/quote:ee738]

Hey man - the cars ok thanks! Plenty to be replaced and ready to get the engine rebuild under way this weekend. garage setup ready to start the work, initial tools and parts bought - so just need to get the engine out. Hope it doesn't take more than 2 months though... was that a complete overhaul you made? or the engine alone? Godo to hear you're back up and running - bet it feels fantastic...

Agree on the forum outlook - g60 and 16v owners should be alike with the fixes they have to continually make - sure my car is relaible as I've driven it for a few months now with no runnign problems - but other little things always need attention, window mechs, alarm setup, locks, etc etc - you know the usual. Photos are great - don't see it that often here unfortunately...

I think that a lack of photo's is the forum's only weakness. On my previous Saab forum we loaded it with how too's n photo's. In the end nobody used their Haynes manual. 1st hand knowledge was much quicker and more acurate.

There's alot of usefull stuff in the Knowledge Base mate, and you can always ask (as you found out :D)

http://www.the-corrado.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

plus saabs are gonna break down alot more than VWs, so you need all the pics you can get :-P (j/k mate :))

['H3R4POR]

There's alot of usefull stuff in the Knowledge Base mate, and you can always ask (as you found out :D)

http://www.the-corrado.net/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

plus saabs are gonna break down alot more than VWs, so you need all the pics you can get :-P (j/k mate :))[/quote:eab83]

I have wrote 4 how to's or the knowledge base. they are waiting to go on at the mo. Unfortunately there is something wrong with the site at the mo so no upload yet.

As for info. Yes I did ask and got fine answers. However photo's speak a thousand words. Oh it was not a bitchy point just a comment. Saabs are damn fine machines and are a wolf in sheeps clothing. a 4 door with 190bhp as standard is a massive base for modding. Mine had full front mount IC converted to a Mitsubishi TD04 turbo. Big actuator chipped lowered the lot. Pity a bus eat it really :mad:

Read here for my how to remove a saab 900 se gearbox

All good fun though. I love the C though its the car I always wanted so now I have one and it rocks. :D

Leon as for the car I gues I should do a list of the work.

Rebuilt head & skimmed head plus new headset

rebuilt gearbox VR 1st n 2nd gears plus all new bearings on mainshafts

New throttle body plate

rebuilt charger 68mm pulley & BB RSR outlet kit

Stage 5.5 chip for ECU

New vag water pump new vag oil pump

Various new water hoses

New suspension all round and mounts lowered 40mm on a Weitec kit

New wheel bearings front n rear (That was fun) Well fronts were fine on my mates 10 ton press!

Heater box n matrix replaced. Infact that was the initial job for a weekend it spread throughout the car

5 months later it came to an end.

Can't remember what else at the mo. Loads of stuff really. I'll think of more kids are about now haha no time.