Sign in to follow this  
NickVR6

Help with possible scam ??

Suspect i may get modded, as this is ebay related but not sure it should be in that section?

Won this Fidanza fly wheel the other night as im shortly doing my clutch chains and head but someone mentioned these were iether fakes or dodgey Nigerian w..kers!

So, i emailed the seller before paying asking for proof of item, reply below and ebay item number is 8068670435 (english ebay, german seller). Seems cheap! Bank transfer too, but a genuine German sale would be too.

Any thoughts from you ebay experts, or on what to ask the seller for, or can my bank tell me the bank is genuine etc? What do i do, dont want to not pay a genuine seller, but dont want to bend over either! :roll: :oops: :cry: :D 8) :evil: :?:

Hello Nick,

no problem, I understand your position.

The reason why ebay canceled my Fidanza-auction(s) last week was anyone tryed to hacked into my ebay-account. Therefore I must change all passwords and for my own security Ebay cancelled all of my auctions for a few days. Now everything is cleared about ebay and this worst situation and therefore I can sell my items again.

If you want I could send the e-mail from ebay to you.

Thanks and have a nice evening.

Regards,

Claudia and Jan

i'd say contact ebay and find out - they are pretty good and will usually tell you what you need to know within 24 hours....

I usually take the view that if it seems too good to be true then it probably is! However if you look at his feedback, then although this is not the normal type of thing that he sells he has in his items sold a few golf items of which one is VR6 related, so that would comfort me a little!

Usually the scammers hack a random account so you find that the item being sold is completely unrelated to normal sales.

Other than that I think you need to make up your own mind, but I wouldn't personally be so worried about it that I didn't buy it! You just need to go with your gut feeling. Remember, you can get some bargains on ebay, but you can get burn't

Well i've had my share of bargains so im overdue some burn time tbh, just rather avoid it. Just cant afford to make a mistake when im struggling to bag all the bits for the engine job.

Guess that means i shouldnt be buying the flywheel in the first place, lol.

Got to have priorities, and mine are wrong but fun!

Ill email ebay then and prob take a chance on this one. Thanks for the comments guys and keep them coming, dont worry i wont moan if its the wrong advice!

Dude thats the mother f*cker who ripped me off.

Seemed as though i was wrong at first and they seemed genuine, but since i asked for proof of shipping i've heard nothing :(

Got to wait another week or so before visa can start proceedings.