Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

Delorean x10

Was heading to my local stealers this morning when I say a car coming the other way. I look really low and I thought to myself, "What the hell is that?"

As I got closer it suddenly hit me. Its a fricking Delorean!!! (Not sure of the spelling).

The 'Back to the Future' trilogy are some of my most watched movies and I never get tired of seeing them.

Thats not all the story. As the first one passed there were another two behind it. I thought about the chances of seeing one let alone 3. After the first 3 there was a random car so I thought that mus be the end of it.

OH NO! After that car, there were another 6 or 7. I lost count there were that many. Absolutely amazing. Dont think I'll ever see that many ever again in my live time let alone in one go.

To be honest I think I have only ever seen one in the flesh. Of course, no camera was in my possession. :(

I think there was some sort of classic car rally around locally this weekend. Damn well wish I had gone to it now.

T.

Aye - amazing cars - were they not designed by the guy who designed the Sky Rocket? Apparently they are a barsteward for getting finger prints on them and John Delorean got stuck inside one on the way to a meeting to promote it!

I'd want the one with the hover conversion though! 8)

they not designed by the guy who designed the Sky Rocket?

If you mean the Mk1 Rocco then yes, it was Giorgio Giugiaro, who later founded Italdesign :notworthy:

Tempest

ive just come back from belgium and on thursday 25th when we were on the ferry docking in france i saw one waiting to travel to the uk! coincidence hey!

Heh, and there's a DeLoren on the Simpsons today too, Troy McLure's car !

My mate bought his DeLoren for like, bugger all, and all it needs is a new wing. Awesome car.

and all it needs is a new wing

ah yes but the wings are the hardest panel to get hold of!

There's a Delorean in the window of the garage next to my local pub, so I see one everytime I look out of the window of the pub 8)

Sometimes there's more than one :drinking:

Total piece of junk, massively overweight, chronically underpowered, poor handling, extremely dodgy styling, built for fat Americans who want to sit at 55MPH on the Freeway. Acquaintance of my dads in Loughborough bought ten brand new ones at the receivers auction, seem to remember he paid less than £5k per car, still got zero mileage on them and never been registered, parked up next to ten zero mileage MGB LE's, talk about poor taste and dodgy speculating!!!!