Sign in to follow this  
Blown

ABS

just a thought :idea: ....maybe as nigel's one is from a lhd car that the reservoir is built on top,as this,if its fitted to the same side as mine and joe's would be above the clutch pedal,as i cant see the clutch/brake fluid reservoir being positioned at the other side from the pedal :?

(i'm sure all that makes sense :? :? :? )

Okay in car pic time!!! :shock:

and here is a rhd g-60........though doesn't look like its got abs....but shows that the clutch/brake fluid reservoir is always above the clutch pedal

You know, ive had a digi camera for months and never taken a pic of my car, sacrilage, now could be the perfect time to get it out. Well, tommorow. While im at it ill get some pics of my abs unit.

I think your probably right about the RHD, LHD thing though Roddy.

its actually only works up to 25mph

Depends what you read actually.

And I found when, erm, testing it in the snow, 15mph seemed to be when it gave up and stopped trying to keep the wheels at the same speed.

pretty(99%) sure :? thats what it says in the owners handbook...though as its in the car and its bloody freezing i'll have to have a look tomorrow :wink:

had a good long look through my handbook and could find no reference to traction control let alone the operating speed of it :? ....so god knows where i got my info :? :oops:

Hi guys,

Just back from some time off. If you want to know if you have ABS, in Roddy's (vr6storm) pic "pretty sure this one has abs" you can see an ABS sensor cable (there's one on each corner) quite clearly just to the front of the driver side suspension top mount. Or you could look on the inside of a front hub carrier to see the speed sensor rotor.

Anyway, who cares what speed ATC comes in? It's a pretty unsophisticated system, and if you nail it (wot me?) it can't cope and the thing scrabbles like a wild cat on a parquet floor :shock: . But you can have lots of fun trying to aim it.... :D

Just look under the bonnet for a big black box above the gearbox with loads of brake pipes going to and from it. If it's not there, no ABS.

Yeah the TC is too weak to be effective and it's no use when you boot it at 4000 rpm in second, by which time you'll be past 15mph but I think the TC works up to 25mph anyway.

Kev

Is there a ON/OFF button for the TC? Ie. can you switch it off at will?

Toni quote]

no! i'm afraid is the answer.....