Sign in to follow this  
BigTartanJudge

Not the best morning.....UPDATED 07/09/06 (TWICE!!)

Bad luck BTJ, hope it turns out better than you currently believe.

What always strikes me when reading about incidents and criminal behaviour like this on this forum comprising a few hundred regulars, is that if you take into account the population of the UK compared with our relatively small forum numbers, the scale of such bad and illegal behaviour going on in the UK as a whole must be phenomenal now.

We really need some action from an elected government (whoever they are) to come down hard on the devious, skiving, thieving tw@ts who are mucking up the lives of the well-behaved majority.

PS - I have heard accounts of why some scousers are to be encountered in the northeast of Scotland, but will not say anymore lest someone thinks I am being unfair. Maybe others will know what I am hinting at. (No - they aint up here to sell clothes pegs.)

mate, i really feel for you. you car looks that absolute dogs too, it really does.

keeping everything crossed for a good outcome on this one bud

jessuze, thats one sweet shopping list on your sig too!! be nice to take the driver along to e38 and feed him to the corrado forum hey! some turn of the century torture would be on the cards i think.

Yes craigowl, it's true, EVERY single scouser I have met up here in NE of Scotland, Has some connection, either direct or otherwise with the particular "trade" that you are referring to.

Phil K, luckily I have a spare new standard number plate panel nested away somewhere, but it was a unique special order no. plate panel that was on car at the time so won't get that replaced under insurance, will have to be re-imported and paid for off own back. And my special order no. plate is trashed as well, so it needs replaced as well.

I already have the guys insurance company name, policy number as well as his name, address, postcode, D of B and phone numbers (strangely enough, the police gave me all these details after they found letters / official documents in the car). After all this is over and car sorted, it has been suggested that I but obviously and preferably someone else, pays him a visit to "clear the air"so to speak............

BTJ,

sorry to hear about this.

I saw your car parked up at the Volkscentre a few months back. Went over for a nosey - be rude not to. :wink:

Anyway, hope you get everything sorted to your liking.

Mike.

Well that's just great, having waited almost 6 days now for my courtesy car, snd having been promised as close to my type of vehicle as possible (1992 Corrado G60) I have just been delivered an 06 plate Kia Cerato 1.4LX 5DR. It is a crock of s***.

It is horrible to drive, look at, handles like a bag of flour etc and I'm not exactly happy about it, never expected the third-party non-fault claims company to find me another Corrado or anything, but I was promised a 2-door coupe originally with minimum same engine size (1.8 like the corrado), and maybe it's just me but somehow don't think the Kia I have been given quite measures up to this.....and looks as though am going to be stuck with it for next month or so ! Arrrrrrggggh !

Here she is in all her glory.....

DSC05685.jpg

Sorry but I don't think it's very funny mate, especially having been without a car for nearly a week....at least I am used to Micra's and they actually handle reasonably well, this is worse than a Micra being South Korean and has absolutely nothing good about it at all, end of story.....

I know what was meant man, I just think it's pretty disgusting that companies like these promise to sort you out a decent car and then deliver you the cheapest, nastiest piece of automotive cr4p they can get away with giving you....after 6 days of promising you said similar replacement car every day and not returing phone calls etc. So find it hard to see the funny side TBH,

Cheers

struan please get this into perpective............you have transport,regardless whether its a shitty Korean-mobile or a 2dr Coupe....its not the end of the world having the Korean-mobile........as long as your car is getting fixed then thats the main worry.

Roddy, at the moment I don't even know IF my car will be getting fixed or not, engineer from non-fault third-party company has to come out and inspect the vehicle.

THEN they will send report to the claims company who will then forward report to his insurers. THEY will then decide whether or not to repair the car, so nothing is set in stone as to whether car will be getting repaired AT ALL, as yet.

So as well as being in total limbo and at the mercy of insurance companies etc. I get this Kia for a courtesy car, which was not what was agreed. Yes I have transport and granted it's better than having to walk everywhere, but no, it's not what I was promised and I have every right to be annoyed.

So forgive me if I'm a little peeved at the situation....

And no, as far as I am aware the really nice liverpudlian gentleman who rolled his Vauxhall Cavalier coupe into all my familes vehicles and my work's car, is still freely walking the streets. But then I couldn't say for sure, seeing as Grampian Police's finest boys in blue haven't even bothered to call me since last Thursday evening......

Ah but there's nothing that drive's quite like a courtesy car. I bet you can't do speed bumps at 60... :lol:

I am so sick and tired of all the stress I have been through over the last two years with or involving this car that I am really wondering whether it is all worth it at all..............

I am so sick and tired of all the stress I have been through over the last two years with or involving this car that I am really wondering whether it is all worth it at all..............

of course it is mate, if you gave up now then youve wasted the last couple of years really, i know that life can be trying at times mate but you just gotta hang on in there mate ........ it sounds crap i know but you got to look for the silver lining mate or you`ll end up blowing a `mental ` gasket, i`ve seen it a few times over the years .......... anyhow, if you ditch the corrado you`ll only end up with another set of problems with something else as you look like the sort of bloke that wouldnt leave feck all standard on whatever car you owned so dont let the feckers grind you down mate :thumbleft:

Agree with Gaz mate.

Chin up, get her fixed, and just enjoy driving her. There's no point in coming this far now and throwing in the towel thanks to some random idiot! :)

Well, the guy driving the Calibra was arrested and charged on Tuesday night, nice of the police to call me and tell me this, only found out after I insisted I spoke to the officer involved in the case.....

Ok here is the problems I have at the moment. I spoke to the third-party claims people yesterday who said an engineer had inspected the corrado at the bodyshop. The claims people said that the engineer will assign a value to the vehicle of between top and bottom Glass's guide book price. Which without one in front of me (anyone got access to a copy ? - 1992 Corrado G60, FSH, below average 97k miles, immaculate condition) I would estimate to be around 3£k.

The cost of the repair to my corrado according to the bodyshop is just over £2k so this being more than 50 % of what the engineer has valued my car at, the other driver's insurance company are going to want to write my car off. Now I think this is horrendous..... I have an agreed value with all mods declared with my OWN insurance company of £6500 with £450 excess.

The insurance company are going to get away with this because even if it is repaired they will classify car as CAT C or D write-off due to high repair cost, (called cash in lieu settlement - where other party's insurance company stumps up cash to repair car even though more than what they have determined car to be worth) leaving me with a car that I have no hope in hell of getting good money for when I come to sell it on, leaving me out of pocket. The only way around this I can see is if I can prove to the insurers and the engineer that the vehicle is worth more than the book price, i.e. worth more than the 50 % of the repair cost, due to enthusiast network / demand and premium prices paid for good corrado g60's in today's marketplace. I seem to remember other corrado owners having to do this when involved in shunts etc ?

The only reason I went to this 3rd-party, non-fault claims recovery service to sort out the situation was on the recommendation of the bodyshop repairing the car, who said my NCB, premium and excess would not be affected as wouldn't be claiming through my own insurance but the other liable parties. If I had just done a claim through my own insurance company they would have had no problem repairing the car as would have gone on my agreed value and not book price, leaving my car no problem to get repaired and no possibility of write-off etc. I don't want to have to buy the car back (why should I have to pay out money at all ?) and then have to break her up to recoup some of the money I will have lost.

I am pretty depressed about this whole situation. Here I have spent the best part of two years building up this car using the best parts etc, travelling down south to pick her up originally, spending £1000's on her etc. only for some w4nker to damage her, start a claim then find it's a pretty sure thing she will be written of by his insurers, through absolutely no fault of my own. I am heartbroken at the moment and any advice on what to do, who to contact etc. would be most appreciated as I don't want to let this one go. Everytime I think about it it makes me feel sick to my stomach and unhappy. I am stuck in a horrible situation, it would appear at the mercy of assesors and insurance companies that just don't give a toss about innocent people or their possesions.

Cheers

:( That's not good atall. Makes you wonder what's the point of insuring all your car for so much :(

Wish you best of luck mate and hopefully you can get something better sorted.