Sign in to follow this  
Azz turbo

Short shift gear set up

as I thought :)

anyone wanting to bebuild me an OB1 to OB2 adapter while i'm in there is more than welcome ;)

I used to be an Electronics Designer (hence the toys I have to play with in the vids), now I'm a Researcher Manager (hence the over usage of the forum).

Hope you liked the vids, alot of time wnt into them :)

i know it sounds like a joke. but on the mk2 golf i had, the get the gearstick out of the car i had to remove the exhaust (as per haynes manual) and remove it from underneath

but now youve put me straight. thanks H8RRA,

when i have the funds ill be up for one of these, didnt catch if this helps side to side up up and down movement? I found a link on another well know corrado forum showing me how to do all this. but lazy

as the pivot point changes, everything gets tighter

- just think of when you're with the missus and she sneezes ;) - everything gets tighter - as you say, side-to-side & up & down - get the idea?

just think of when you're with the missus and she sneezes - everything gets tighter - as you say, side-to-side & up & down - get the idea?

pass the pepper darling :lol:

just think of when you're with the missus and she sneezes - everything gets tighter - as you say, side-to-side & up & down - get the idea?

pass the pepper darling :lol:

bollocks to that - i order sneezing powder ny the kilo!!!!!!

sneezing_powder.jpg

H8RRA > make a diy thread with photos of this. This would be the best for all of us. Lets say, you can even write up everything with corect cutting lenghts, etc.. So please take photos and tell all the story. Thanks mate!

H8RRA... Think i'd like one of these... let me know what you'd like me to do.. cars not a daily driver so can send the stick to you!!

Note to self... get dremmel back from mates garage

H8RRA - are you still doing these? not keen on the std shifting - far too long. If it was possible I'd move the shifter location about 1-2" back too - its too far forward imo. Just out of curiosity too - whats the gearbox you've got fitted - watched a video somewhere of your car through the range and was shifting up very quickly. could do with some of that myself