Sign in to follow this  
moneypit23

Dodgy wheel bearing or brakes?

I just used the search and i think i might need new wheel bearings, brakes or something else.

I just drove down the lane and had to do a left on full lock to get round the corner. The brakes were suddenly very noisy and as soon as i had straightened up, there was a horrible metal grinding noise like the sound of a wheel bearing on its way out. I thought this would only be apparent when turning but its constant, even when i let the handbrake off and roll back a couple of feet.

Also, my brakes haven't exactly been on form recently but they were never that good anyway.

Has anyone got any idea? I don't want to be at the mercy of the local greedy garage owners.

Thanks, Kate

hello moneypit23, it certainly sounds that it could be either or both, if you or any family member / friend dont fancy having a stab then someone on here may well be able to inform you of a `friendly` garage that may be close to you, if you lived a bit closer i would have taken a look myself :reindeer: