Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

Jobs before inters ?

the rallyes gonna be ready before inters!! bloody hell thats going some mate! 8)

Its not my rallye unfortunatly - its the bloody car that has delayed your mapping :( hopfully to be finished monday evening.. Spent over 40hrs sweating over this engine so far in the last week.

ive had a fairly hectic week aswell!! i had another charger belt go on me, so had to change that... this was my fault as i tightened the belt up too tight... :roll:

Then the bloody water pump went, so ended up taking whole front end of the car apart to get to the little bastard out, giving everything a good clean at the same time.. also finally managed to sort out my crappy uprated headlight loom whilst in there....

Then finally when i finished all that, my passenger door window support decided to fall out and scratch the window in several places, so i spent most of today swearing and cursing (all this with a hangover from the nite b4) getting that back into place....

That and the fact i have half a corrado in bits in my garage waiting to go to the paintshop to get sprayed, i really doubt it will be ready for inters....

Pain in the arse.

Scratch-x'd and Gold class'd the rado today so that washing it next time should be nice and easy. All I have to do is give the inside a good cleaning before the weekend. I need to get a banner made for my club, but that's about it. Cant be arsed to clean the engine bay... I'm not entering in the S&S or concours so it can stay dirty!!

ummm, need to get an MOT and tax which involves replacing the rear brakes and rear brake lines... :oops:

If I wanted to go in the C

-rebuild the bottom end (inc. rebalancing the crank, new lightened flywheel + clutch)

-put engine together with new IHI manifold, injectors, FPR, list goes on

-full respray, inc. finish welding the battery tray

-get all the interior and fit it

-replace all brake comp. and tyres, driveshafts, headlight + fog

-MOT + tax

but most importantly - NEW wiperblades :?

or the Mk1

-replace split CV boot

-sort out tracking

-fix water pump leak

some how think I'm missing this year :cry:

Got to get up at some unearthly hour (in about six hours) and go and put the stand up-why am I still on here? I'll post a pick of the raw site tomorrow night.

...turns out that replaceing just the rear brakes isn't the only job... I've got to replace EVERY brake component from the enginebay back due to some muppet mechanic having stripped the hex ends of the brakepipes in the past... :mad:

Not going to make inters now... :(

Still fitting that oil cooler you supplied me last week Darren.

Thanks for the help though - nearly there (I hate those coolant hose clips!)

Only problem is I'm off to Cape Town on Sunday with work & I'll miss the show that is just down the road from me... :(

Oh well

Nick

my cars not running still. but managed to get up in the misses mk5.

i've got no compression in cylinder 3. very chessed. off. but i did managed to get a mot for it. had to beg and convince him that i'm getting it sorted asap.

may have to take the head off. again.