Sign in to follow this  
m3evo

G60 Engine mountings

Hi Thinking of replacing all three engine mountings on my G60, Its got a Solid front one. but would really prefer Vibratecnics or something similar i think its one of the dodgy ones front ones that was mentioned the other day, reason im wanting to replace especially the rears is theres a bit of a knock from the exhaust under excelleration, and the lamda wires were broke when i got the car, now fixed, what sort of a job is it difficult or not? what should i look out for? and is it possible to do off axle stands or do you need a garage lift? Thanks Dave

It's quite an easy job but you are lifting a shifting around the engine so you must be careful. You need the car in the air and solidly supported and a trolley jack to lift the engine. I've never done any on the deck and wouldn't want to try. The tricky one is the rear engine mount as it's a bit tight on space and the lower bolts often rot solid into the subframe. I would personally recommend a Vibratechnics front and standard rears but I doubt it will stop your exhaust knock. What systems and front pipe are you running?

Hi Crasher, Its got a full Milltec system on her, standard cast manifold but really big twin down pipes and its just catching the subframe a bit, it was fitted by John Mitchell for the last owner been told there quite rare the large down pipes, thinks ill have to have a word with local garage then if not good idea on stands, where is the best place to buy a vibratecnics fron mount? Cheers Dave

I have done both front and rear on stands, it easy as long as the bolts arnt rotted...

which minw were not and space isnt to bad, probs easier with an 8v. If you think you are ok with mech stuff you should be fine :-)

If your doing the G60 front on the ground then taking the oil filter off helps with space - ie do an oil change at the same time...