Sign in to follow this  
kerrinmay

Hesitation on Optimax

Was hoping to improve the running of my C so filled up with Optimax for the first time last week. Prior to this, it ran ok, but at lower revs there just felt like there was some slight hesitation. Driving it today however, the hesitation seems to be worse! Could this have been caused by the Optimax? In the fuels cleaning efforts, could it have dislodged some cr*p and flushed it through to somewhere to cause this?

I guess it´s just a strange coincidence!

Have you changed you fuel filter lately?

Is your fuel pump healthy?

Keep posting! :)

Run the tank empty, change the filter and put some tesco 99 ron fuel in :) and try that, IMO this fuel seems better than optimax at the moment... i am running mine on it at the mo and compared to the optimax it does feel a little more lively!

Run the tank empty, change the filter and put some tesco 99 ron fuel in :) and try that, IMO this fuel seems better than optimax at the moment... i am running mine on it at the mo and compared to the optimax it does feel a little more lively!

Probably best not to run the tank too empty or you'll suck up sh*t from the bottom of the tank.

Just found this on a 'Money Saving' website

"I switched to shell fuel after my sister noticed a better return mpg.However, recently my partner my mum and I have had problems with our cars being a bit hesitant at times.

We all use the same shell station because we liked the benefits of increased mpg. Anyway, my bloke then started going somewhere else as it was more convenient on his way to work and the problems resolved themselves.

My mother and I have now both done the same and our problems have cleared up aswell. I think there must be some kind of contamination there."

!!

It's known for Optimax quality to vary and general advice is to fill up from only very busy Shells stations that have frequent refills. The manky optimax that sits rotting under the ground for weeks (cause it's 105 pence!) won't be as good as the fresh stuff.

Tesco 99 ron will be more consistent as it's cheap and regularly replenished.