Sign in to follow this  
TREVR6

Do Powerflex bushes fit into GSF wish bones ok????

New wish bones and bushes from GSF 3 months ago and already the bushes are worse than the one I took off :p Anyhow lesson learned use VAG bits, pay a touch more, but it pays off in the end. Gonna upgrade to powerflex now anyway and just wanted to check pflx bushes will press into GSF wishbones before I take the old bushes out. I'm sure they will as they are surly exact replicas of VAG arms?? Keen to know for sure tho I don't want to end up stranded on my drive for the sake of checking first.

I would use my old VAG ones but one wasn't too keen of coming of and I had to persuade It with a grinder and a gas axe!

Any info appreciated, cheers, Trevr6.

The bushes will press in after you have cut out the originals. From your avatar, it looks like your car is a four stud so why not save time and get a pair of bare FEBI new execution wishbones that accept the current design Powerflex rear bushes. The only thing you have to watch for is that the large metal washer side of the bush is to the radius on the wishbone. It is written on the bush but people still fit them the wrong way around. They aren’t handed and it doesn’t matter which way up they are. The wishbone only becomes handed once you have bolted the ball joint on. Make sure you buy the rear bush (the front one fits Golf 2/3/Corrado) for a Golf 3/Corrado PFF85-204, not a Golf 2 PFF85-203.

trevr6 - funny you mention that as i noticed shortly after fitting the wishbone and bushes from gsf - the handling felt worse. doing the same as you now and replacing all the bushes with poly ones.

From your avatar, it looks like your car is a four stud so why not save time and get a pair of bare FEBI new execution wishbones

Nah mate they are 5 stud, thought about getting some more new wish bones to save time as you say, but it's more money that I can ill afford at the mo. Besides the wishbones that are on are nearly new.

FRONT WISHBONE

INNER BUSH (REAR) PFF85-204

FRONT WISHBONE

INNER BUSH (FRONT) PFF85-201

Is this what I want? Me thinks it is :D

funny you mention that

Yea funny and at the same time annoying too, never mind guess we've both learned a lesson, ie dont buy budget, second rate, marshmallow bushes!

:oops: