Sign in to follow this  
gollfy

Auto/Manual conversion Reverse Lights

A long shot I know but somebody might know.

My 8V Corrado has been converted to manual from auto. The only thing left to complete is to get reverse lights working. I have all the old wiring from auto box flapping about in engine bay.

Any help?

Yes manual box is in with black switch box connected to it, just need to know where the wiring is to connect to it 8)

Just finished doing this and like all Corrado mods its a right pain.

Anyway, here we go:

there is a two pin connector in the engine bay that will fit once you cut the semicircle slot slightly. It has a black csleeve with three wires, black, yellow and white. Ignore the black, its not connected anyway.

The wire needs to be extended by about 20cm to reach the reverse switch on the gearbox. Here I've already cut the connector, soldered on the extension wire and siliconed the wire:

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf270220101029.jpg[/attachment:2u3p2w8x]

Now wrapped with self-amalgamating tape. Space is tight here so its bit fiddly to wrap. Does matter which way around you wire them, its just an on-off switch

ETKA Corrado.pdf270220101028.jpg[/attachment:2u3p2w8x]

Now remove the drivers side kick plate and door trim piece and get hold of the large connector that goes to the TCM. The cable has 3 wires, black yellow and white. Ignore the black (as above). These two go into slots 32 and 33 in the connecting block (iirc, could be 31 & 32, but it will be obvious)

stromlaufplan_gamma4.pdf270220101030.jpg[/attachment:2u3p2w8x]

this is the wires removed, although i ended up cutting the connectors off and soldering a 30cm extension as they wouldnt reach the relay:

Corrado92.pdf270220101034.jpg[/attachment:2u3p2w8x]

these are the two wires to which you need to join your new cable, they are positions 4 & 5 on relay 150; one is a black wire, one it a black with blue stripe:

passat climatronic wiring diags.pdf010320101037.jpg[/attachment:2u3p2w8x]

I removed each spade and soldered the extensions wire on to each. I ran the cable behind the relay panel and attached to the back of the relay mounting block:

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdf010320101039.jpg[/attachment:2u3p2w8x]

extension soldered and wrapped:

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdf010320101040.jpg[/attachment:2u3p2w8x]

And soldered and wrapped on to relay connecting block:

010320101042.jpg[/attachment:2u3p2w8x]

Enjoy your normal reverse lights!