Sign in to follow this  
PaulV

Best Cleaning Products

Hi

I want to give my newly acquired 1992 Corrado VR6 a good clear inside.

Questions I have are:

- What is the best product to clean general grime off the headlining?

- The Steering wheel is v shiny on the rim - it looks to be stitched but I don't think it's leather - can anyone confirm? if it was leather I'd use gliptone, but if it isn't, how do I reduce the shine / get it matt again.

- What is the best product to get the interior plastics as new (ie not shiny)

I don't mind spending money on the really good stuff but would liek a recommendation if anyone has any.

Thanks! :)

Paul

1001 stain remover for the headlining

Steering wheel is leather, but it's just worn. Anything that could matt it down again would just go shiney again after a day or two.

Interior plastics, anything really. Hot soapy water usually does the trick.

Yep, and use your vacuum with the brush end (for curtains???) to do the dash with.

The brush dislodges the dust whilst the vacuum sucks it up! The brush also gets in the heater grill thingies.

Thanks guys - is that the 1001 yellow-bottled foaming sprag thing?

Also, what would you apply it with - I have never cleaned a headlining but it looks like quite a delicate velour? Microfibre cloth?

Thanks again

Paul

PaulV, welcome to the forum!

1001 comes in a bottle that you mix with water and it creates foam, use a sponge to apply the foam, it works really well and you can scrub really dirty areas but be careful not to get the lining too wet...

Autoglym vinyl & rubber care is good for the stuff on the inside. Makes all your plastics come out nice and black and it smells really nice as well.

I use Vanish Oxyaction on the headlining etc.

Morning all - just a note for you all {twas my mum that got me on it when i had a pen leak over passenger seat} get yourself up ASDA or what ever's nearest and splash out 98p on a pack of baby wipes - whilst cleaning they put a little life back into what ever your cleaning {seriously they work a treat}

Supercharged - thanks for the welcome. Lots of good tips here. Baby wipes eh? Next thing you'll be telling me to run the car on milk....

Paul