Sign in to follow this  
joebrent

What should i get from a full tank of petrol

Hi everyone, just bought a 1.8 16v, filled it up when i got it done 107 miles since of town driving and the gauge is showing well below half, normal???? thanks from a c owner whose wallet is starting to get scared!!!!

I found that my Corrado did have a serious dead spot in the middle of the gauge, so don't panic *just* yet.

Expect about 250-300 miles out of a full tank when doing the normal around town kind of driving. Well, thats what I used to get anyway on my 2.0 16v :)

AFAIK all if not most of the 1.8 16v's will have the smaller tank 12 gals versus 15 gals for VR6's and 92>facelifted cars such as the 2.0 16v,also the fuel guage isn't the most accurate of things either so it could just be your driving style and the guage being a bit out

Also note that (on mine at least) the gauge is VERY dependant on whether you're facing uphill or downhill. In fact it tends to plummet when accelerating and fill up again when braking.

yeah myne is the 12 gallon one, the gauge is knackered though, you fill it up and it just stops dead at half but doesnt move until half a tank is gone!!!