Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Best paint for door sill area???

The paint near the door sills on mine is looking a bit tired, but looks to a slightly different finish to that on the rest of the car. I want to tidy up the area before putting my new DDI sills on 8)

Is there a special paint used for this part of the car (I don't know, maybe more hard wearing or something), or will just standard paint do??? If it's standard paint is it going to be a Halfrauds or VW only job to source it?

That bit of the sill is normal paint. You could always get a MK2 GTI sill strip and cover the paint with it, should offer some wear protection.

I'd mask it up to the edge, rub it down and spray it yourself... Wouldn't look that bad imo

Job for the weekend me thinks....

Yeah, it's normal paint but goes dull due to that plastic strip at the bottom of the door wearing away at it...

What I want to know is what to do to create the mottled effect on the sill itself and what paint / underseal to use?

Yeah, it's normal paint but goes dull due to that plastic strip at the bottom of the door wearing away at it...

What I want to know is what to do to create the mottled effect on the sill itself and what paint / underseal to use?

the best stuff for that is called SHULTZ,its like a ruberised paint

the best stuff for that is called SHULTZ,its like a ruberised paint

Ah ha, I was wondering about that as well :) :)