Sign in to follow this  
GazzaG60

car pumping fuel after run with key out filling the inlet

well i had something happen that i havnt seen before.

after a drive last night i stopped the car and about 30 seconds lateri hear this noise. i pop the bonnet and hear a water type sound. seconds later i see liquid coing from the isv and throttle body. it fuel!!

quick 10mm spanner to the battery and it stops.

after syphoning the inlet out and puishing the car in 5th with no plugs to push the fuel out i could get her to run again. the fact that i had no fire was lucky or seemed so. ive put it down to an issue with the after run switch or relay.

any body with an issue like this before or may know what the source of the problem may be. it was very hot which is why i think after run but it pumped bout 1 gallon of juice into the engine.

cheers

the fuel pump runs on to circulate and cool the fuel down to prevent vapour lock when re-starting, could your cold start injector be stuck open so its letting fuel through and filling up the inlet?

no cold start on the G60 is there. i run a very similar setup to you but with red tops and a 65mm pulley.

all 4 squirters were running at full pelt

no cold start on the G60 is there. i run a very similar setup to you but with red tops and a 65mm pulley.

all 4 squirters were running at full pelt

not sure about cold start injector it was just a guess really, all the injectors are connected together arent they? so they must have been getting a signal to hold them all open, does the car run ok after you have purged the fuel out of it?

car runs great. in fact the full engine has had a clean ouot. the petrol come out kinda mucky.

it was like the car was priming but with injectors fully open. must have took only 1-2 minutes to fill the engine and inlets. good news is the bottom end seems solid so far i can see no fuel in the oil. i expected the oil to be full.

most definately. didn't have time last night as i was busy fixing the issue. but itll be done after for sure. my mates subaru had an injector seal issue once and it pumped loads in. bout 2l into the oil.

im sure its after-run related but its a new issue to me and im sure ive had most of the things that go wrong happen to me.