Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Cooling fan for Mocal oil cooler

I've got a Mocal fitted in front of the passenger wheel arch of my G60 where the original intercooler used to sit. Now this works great with the car in motion, however when the car gets stuck in tracffic the temperatures gradually rise (unsurprisingly).

What I'm wondering is has anyone rigged up a second fan to cool their oil cooler, and if so any recommendations as to the best way to do it?? Don't really want to reolcate it to near the rad, as I already have a huuuge Golf G60 intercooler there.

Hello mate - sorry can't help you with the fan, but what Mocal did you fit {part No.} and how much did it set you back - where from etc any chance of some pic's? really wanna fit one to mine as i've herd thier the dogs, cheers mate

Hello mate - sorry can't help you with the fan, but what Mocal did you fit {part No.} and how much did it set you back - where from etc any chance of some pic's? really wanna fit one to mine as i've herd thier the dogs, cheers mate

Good question BLACKG60, I'd have to check back on the receipt as to the part number and exact specification. Basically though I let Darren (g-man) do his thing, and recommend/fit a suitable oil cooler for me. It did make a big difference to running temperatures, especially on the motorway. Cost wise, check the g-werks website for their current prices (God that sounds like an advert)....

http://www.revotec.com/electronicfansleds/fans.htm

They do a 7" one which should be fine. Hook it up off your rad sender and it will come on with the main radiator fan, or you can wire it up to a switch, or even get it come on with a standalone sender of your choosing.

Cheers kev, I'll check that out....

I had a fan assembly on my 115/16 row Mocal Cooler. I used the Mocal fan mounting plate which attaches very neatly to the cooler. An Electric Fan mounts to the plate. I wired it to secondary Heated rear window switch on a relay so I could switch my main radiator fan and Oil cooler fan on whist sitting in traffic and cooling things off in the pits after ragging it on a trackday. The Fan mounting plates are just under £30.00