Sign in to follow this  
Azz turbo

NOS

Hi all, i am having my cam chains done next month and i also want NOS as well. My engine has done 163000 miles (vr6) so do i need anything else done. (pistons, seals) I am also having a new clucth put in as well. Also what is the best NOS to get. I am lead to beleave there is a few different types from a button press to a constant burst.

Cheers all.

Sorry forgot to add, should i scrap the NOS and just get some big CAMS put in. If not mods what mods could i have done for about £600 quid if any.

Get the nos mate.

With a proper progressive controller rather than just an on/off switch.

Something that releases more nos depending on throttle opening etc.

ChrisVR6nos might be the man to ask?

Just make sure the engine is strong with no problems as NOS will very quickly show up any weaknesses. Personally, putting nitrous on a 163,000m VR which hasn't been rebuilt might be a bridge too far. Just my opinion though.

I have 189,000miles and mine still runs ok and reaches 160mph no probs and i'm running a charger too as well as a wizard on nos kit which is the only one to go for as there are many benefits to it.

I like the kick so don't use a progressive and have ran jets up to 100bhp which are in at the moment.

A set of cams won't yeild much and you really need a remap to realize the gains which is an extra £360 or so ontop of the cams price. The choice is yours, The nitrous kit can always be taken from car to car as you changeg your vehicles over time and if there's something you can't beat, flick the switch and you can!

The button pressing thing is only on films and anyone whom knows how nitrous works will laugh at anyone whom has a silly button fitted to the steering wheel.

Azz turbo, fill in more of your profile so we can see where you are from and such mate.

Chris

I have Noz on mine. 10lb bottle the lot. It was so badly wired when I got the car I had to strip all the cable. Connections were just twisted together and wrapped in masking tape. No relays or anything. It was a real mess.

Its a coldfusion kit with purge sol. I have a progressive controller for it that I bought since, Just not confident on wiring it all up. :cry:

It has 100 jets in the lines at the mo. I have a bag of spare jets also. Would be nice to have a play with it oneday. :lol:

grrr, it's not NOS!!!! it's N2O.

NOS is the acronym for Nitrous Oxide Systems, a subsidary of Holley.

grrr, it's not NOS!!!! it's N2O.

NOS is the acronym for Nitrous Oxide Systems, a subsidary of Holley.

tis also an abreviation for New Old Stock :wink:

Nos is a nitrous oxide system and nowt really to do with Holley though they did grab the acromyn for thier kit thte yank nobs still......

I have the WON kit and think it's the easiest and best for support

Chris