Sign in to follow this  
rmn

Wire code for 2L 16v engine loom

I am using a 2.0 16v loom as the basis for my DTA loom

i have it sitting on the shelf ages and have no idea what lots of the connectors go to any more, so i am looking for pics of peoples loooms and the colours of the wires that go to things like the rev counter output, the control for the fuel pump relay and the main power to the ecu?

If people dont know what they are can they post up pics of the various parts of the engine loom on their 2L valvers.

Thanks and all help appreciated :lol:

no, its a 9a loom i am talking about

all i need from it is the mfa section really, but if i can use other bits it might be easier, we will see

Right i have soe figured out, but just want more info, pic to follow

here is a pic of the fuse box, i know what the red is, its the wiper loom

Does anybody know what the green is, i really just want to know which is the mfa

rmn,

Do you know which is the feed wire for the rev counter. I have stripped back the engine loom as I am using Megasquirt so don't need any of the original engine harness, other than what is neede for the MFA and clocks.

The signal seems to go from the coil to the ECU then back to the fuse box. Just wondering which is the wire that goes to the fusebox and if it is possible to connect it straight to the coil to get its feed for the rev counter.

I will go up to my garage this evening and have a look and take photos for you to see which wires you need to kep.

Thanks,

Dave

rmn,

Tried to take some photos but they didn't come out very well, so I drew you a picture.

166788659.jpg

The block on the left goes to the ECU, as do most of the ones off the middle one expect black which goes to the TCI switch on the coil.

On the right;

green/black for switch on back of block

black/white for switch by water outlet on side of head (ends up attaching into loom from ECU)

black/blue for switch on oil cooler

yellow for switch on oil cooler

yellow/red for switch on side of head

red/white ???

Hope that helps.

rmn,

If you can work out which is the wire that feeds back for the rev counter that would be appreciated as I know that won't work now I have hacked out the ECU loom.

Probably one for the MFA fuel consumption on the left or middle plugs, but not interested in that really. Everything else should work.