Sign in to follow this  
Shakel

ISV or ECU problem?

When ignition switch is on- ISV vibrates, started the car- idle feels like ISV is NOT working, turned the engine off, pulled the ISV connector out, started the car again- idle feels the same as before when was connected. Turned the engine off, pulled out the ISV connector, connected voltmeter to the connector, turned ignition switch on- volts are 12 from ECU. Started the engine- volts goes up to 13. connected a direct 12V to ISV (engine is running, ISV connector is out)- ISV starts working, idle changes... What the **** is the problem? is it a faulty ECU?

probably. or a tempermental vac leak... blue temp sensor... could be anything. might help to know what engine you have in there..

either way... it sounds like ECU or ISV could be at fault. try to find someone with a spare working ecu/isv and swap out to test.

could be very possible that the ecu is fried. very easy to mess them up when connecting/disconnecting the isv apparently. did you get the ecu from a junker? has it ever worked?

ECU, harness, injectors and ISV are from few Ebay junkers... fuel rail and pressure regulator are out of Audi A4 and customized to fit in 16v manifold, blue temp sensor and co pot are new from VW, knock sensor was already installed in the car (actually 2.0 16v stocked with two knock sensors). ECU seemed to be working ok because car started on the first crank after conversion. But now I doubt it, today I decided to make another test and pulled the throttle switches connector out, started the car, as a result RPM jumps up to 4000 and will not go down, is that a normal Digifant ECU behavior ?

take your ISV out and look inside, you should see nothing black all just silver/chrome parts. I cleaned mine out and it fixed my idle and bucking.

g'luck man