Sign in to follow this  
Bally

New Owner of Jays 24v

So does that mean when he mod's it he's gunna put an outboard on the back?

good luck to him and hopefully he puts at least 5% of the effort jay put into it as i would love to see it supercharged a brilliant car getting better! car be much wrong with that!

if i had it id always be feeling this is jays car so imo he does need to do something to put his own touch on it so maybe he will put a supercharger on it so then people can say he's doing something!

good luck to him and cant blame him for saying it is a truly awesome car!! he must be extatic top own such a creation,, Im looking forward to seeing what Jay does with the next car,, come on jay let us know what you are upto!!

colleague at work then Jay?

fair play to him, he's got a stunning motor - hopefully see it about Manchester.

How's the search going for the 911?

if i had it id always be feeling this is jays car so imo he does need to do something to put his own touch on it something!

but if he can't get on the interweb on his gameboy then he's not going to know what everyone thought of it being "Jays Car".

you know me, I'm a bitter person :)

He actually works for a boatbuilders.

Didn't this car start out as AQUA blue? Kind of a full circle if I remember correctly! :lol:

The boy got a bargain whatever he paid, so good on him! I wonder what he pays on insurance though!

uhh where did he claim it was possibly nicest world wide... this thread http://www.edition38.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=52933

and lemme dig...

"On saturday i purchased the best corrado in the country possible the world"

but as i said it may be the nicest but from pictures i saw i personally thought this was more impressive, being that it had to be fully custom built...

i will look into this persona car more, because i doubt there are many people who will appreciate a corrado much more than i do... i've spent hundtreds possibly a thousand actually just on corrado magazines, posters, brochures, anything that has to do with a rado for display for my car... but the way i ment my response was leading to ask that i was wondering what made it so impressive because it looked like a straight 24v swap from what i saw and as of now the most imopressive corrado i know of was that one. but then again i do bias twords HP... i bought a 2003 Ford Mustang Cobra just because of it's power capabilities... i am no wherenear done messing with it and it already makes 500hp to the wheels... on a stock supercharger no less...

but i have to stick up for the under 25 year olds... everyone always gets on "kids" for having nice cars they shouldn't have and say it's cause of their parents... maybe, but i noticed not the case half the time... i am 23 in 2 weeks, i work a full time job, just bought a house, well bust my ass at work some days but i usually run heavy equiment and this year alone i will nearly hit the high class for income... am i rich? shit no haha, but my priorities are cars... cars before anything and "kids" like me usually seem to be the same way... so that's about all i have to say i guess...

i will look into this car more, sorry if i offended anyone it was not ment to be offensive, i was just curious and got excited that someone may have had something nicer that what i thought was the nicest so i guess excitement could have seem offensive? sorry...

Justin

beautiful corrado agreed. New owner perhaps could have worded that better and announced it on the right forum lol!

But im 20 and despite not ever owning a Corrado, ive had Polo GTs, G40s, performance car nonetheless. As the guy above has said, i live for cars alot of the time. My passion in life apart from my music is my cars. I slave my ass off to pay insurance and stuff. At 20 its silly money, but hard work and paying silly prices for a bit pays off when i finally get no claims. I will own a corrado and it will be probably before im 21. But i have average income parents who disapprove of anything car related. The give me nothing towards cars.

I don't drink excessively, i dont buy clothes and stuff alot, my money goes on 3 things usually....cars, music, and petrol. Not the life for many, but working day in day out, and driving home in a nice car does it for me....

uhh where did he claim it was possibly nicest world wide... this thread http://www.edition38.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=52933

and lemme dig...

Jay has never claimed this, but the new owner has. I have never seen this car in the flesh, but have read all about it.

If i had just bought this car, i would tell everybody that it is the single best corrado in the world. It may not be true in your eyes, but in mine, and many others, it certainly is...

but the way i ment my response was leading to ask that i was wondering what made it so impressive because it looked like a straight 24v swap

nah mate, there's alot more in it than that, its been rebuilt from the ground up, withh not only new VAG parts, but loads of different manufacturers in there.

have a look at Jays threads to get some idea

i know bill schimmel built a mid engine, rear wheel drive, fully built 24v VR6 twin turbo, and dog box transmission... that may be as of now the nicest i know of...

ShatnerSchimmel is God 8)

That is defo the best Rado in the world imo....

beautiful corrado agreed. New owner perhaps could have worded that better and announced it on the right forum lol!

But im 20 and despite not ever owning a Corrado, ive had Polo GTs, G40s, performance car nonetheless. As the guy above has said, i live for cars alot of the time. My passion in life apart from my music is my cars. I slave my ass off to pay insurance and stuff. At 20 its silly money, but hard work and paying silly prices for a bit pays off when i finally get no claims. I will own a corrado and it will be probably before im 21. But i have average income parents who disapprove of anything car related. The give me nothing towards cars.

I don't drink excessively, i dont buy clothes and stuff alot, my money goes on 3 things usually....cars, music, and petrol. Not the life for many, but working day in day out, and driving home in a nice car does it for me....

haha awesome, i like to say cars, guitars, and girls myself, but the girls have to go, since i'm practically married... i like yours better, cars, guitars, and gas :lol: love Marshall amps, honestly want to finish my degree in electrical engineering to hope to get a job working for Marshall amps across the pond!!! but i know how that goes with the parents as well the whole story sounds the same here, except my father used to drag race for profession, and my mother turned into well... you could insert your own choice word, and cause of her quit doing it, and as my father supported it, mother did not, and oddly enough ended up getting very little support from them for it... except insurance i thank them for that... i am jealous by the way you had a G40! i don;t belong here in the states i need out haha

and lemme dig...

Jay has never claimed this, but the new owner has. I have never seen this car in the flesh, but have read all about it.

If i had just bought this car, i would tell everybody that it is the single best corrado in the world. It may not be true in your eyes, but in mine, and many others, it certainly is...

['H3R4POR]
but the way i ment my response was leading to ask that i was wondering what made it so impressive because it looked like a straight 24v swap

nah mate, there's alot more in it than that, its been rebuilt from the ground up, withh not only new VAG parts, but loads of different manufacturers in there.

have a look at Jays threads to get some idea

been busy but do want to check out his thread i keep hearding more and more, but i didn't claim he did as most people who would build a car that nice would not claim that, although the new owner did... i've had people say my rabbit was the nicest hands down in the united states and i would sit there and argue with them it was not... although i miss it... but i do love by the way when someone rebuilds with all VW OEM parts... i'd like to, but for suspension bushings i think i am going to be running poly...

i know bill schimmel built a mid engine, rear wheel drive, fully built 24v VR6 twin turbo, and dog box transmission... that may be as of now the nicest i know of...

ShatnerSchimmel is God 8)

That is defo the best Rado in the world imo....

yeh, schimmel lives about 2 hours from me, my best friends corrado is there being built... again... pulling his 2.9 12v and going 3.1 12v. (schimmel actually said not to run with the 24v he said when he's done he'll make more with his 12...) he is also putting in a full custom AWD setup consisting of mainly porsche parts, will have a dog box transmission, and the differential control will be ran through his stand alone TEC system... the cars gonna be incredible! i can't wait... i am thinking though of having shimmel build my 16v for me that way i know it's done right by someone who knows what they're doin

here's my friends car last i saw it... 93 Corrado 53k original miles, and he's rebuilt it like 3 times over... spent over $60,000 in this car already... so what's that like uhh... i dunno £40,000 maybe? cars beautiful... mainly stock appearence because it such a low milage car, but built :D

yingstVRTfrontpassenger.jpg

and here's the bay, although the intercooler, intercooler piping and some other stuff is off of the car now... oh yeh and he didn't want me taking pictures cause he said it was filthy under the hood :shock:

P1000031.jpg

Lovely car! Nice wheels, what are they? Filthy under the hood, yeah right, tell your mate to get a reality check :-) It's immaculate.

You are such a lucky bloke living so close to Schimmel. I'd love to drop my car off there with a blank cheque (or check to you :-) ) on the passenger seat. I have one of Bill's short runner intakes and his and Darlene's service were excellent, very friendly and accomodating people.

That is my Kung Fu mate......retaining the car's identity but with incredible engineering underneath.

Don't take the snappiness in response to Jay's car personally, I think they misunderstood the way you put yourself across. I read it as being the innocent query you intended.... i.e. tell me more about the car to justify it's label as "best corrado in the world", which is fair enough coming from someone that's not been here long and not followed it's transformation.

It's stunning in the flesh, absolutely flawless and immaculate inside and out. It may not sport Schimmel's expertise and raw power mechanically, but a true masterpiece in OE+ engineering ;-)

Lovely car! Nice wheels, what are they? Filthy under the hood, yeah right, tell your mate to get a reality check :-) It's immaculate.

You are such a lucky bloke living so close to Schimmel. I'd love to drop my car off there with a blank cheque (or check to you :-) ) on the passenger seat. I have one of Bill's short runner intakes and his and Darlene's service were excellent, very friendly and accomodating people.

That is my Kung Fu mate......retaining the car's identity but with incredible engineering underneath.

Don't take the snappiness in response to Jay's car personally, I think they misunderstood the way you put yourself across. I read it as being the innocent query you intended.... i.e. tell me more about the car to justify it's label as "best corrado in the world", which is fair enough coming from someone that's not been here long and not followed it's transformation.

It's stunning in the flesh, absolutely flawless and immaculate inside and out. It may not sport Schimmel's expertise and raw power mechanically, but a true masterpiece in OE+ engineering ;-)

yeh unfortunatly i don't think it'd be worth having your car shipped here to be worked haha but if there's anything i could help anyone out with any of the rather reputable builders here (don't know if they're known there but i will not help or support any purchase of any EIP part. they screwed up my friend's black rado there and is the real reason it's in schimmels hands right now) but it may seem weird i guess to seem willing to help, atleast people here in the states seem so, but i've driven hours out of state just tp help someone work on their rado so they didn't blow it up and waste money like i did... i kind of always felt if i help people out here someday i'll get the favor returned... and well so far worked, i've met a few guys who started helping me get some parts brought here from across the pond, so it's all worth it in the end haha

as said i do need to check this car out further, just been so busy with buying a house and work the only time to my self is to come on here... haha i don't even bother going to vwvortex.com anymore

as for my friends wheels... it may take me a few mins to remember them i always forget but recall right when i walked away and have no access to tell who ever it is who asked...

oh yeh but i don't think living close to schimmel is worth the balance of not getting any good cars here you have over there haha i want every VW we don't have here haha and Renault R5 and the new one of... uhh clio right? i know i love the 5 a friend of mine some how had one here... probably cause his parents own almost all the car delaerships around here mainly luxury and exotic...