Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Shot gearbox mount?

Quick question but.. i'm pretty convinced a mount is shot on my Corrado somewhere. Did the bonnet up, handbreak on, try to pull away with Tempest watching the engine bay and he said movement wasn't enough for the front to be shot..

But having ongoing and tiring problems with the gearbox which i've never seen before on other 2.0 16v's - biggest problem being it just being a nightmare to get into some gears (most noticably first, second and reverse) and sometimes a total pain to get it back OUT of reverse again. Even if I very slowly change into reverse there is usually a crunch from the gears and a jolt through the car. Sometimes I have to stop, dip the clutch, into neutral, atry to get into reverse, and repeat this process about 3 times before it will finally relent and go in...

Is it just alignment or does it sound like a mount? I think with a gearbox oil change and that it'll be pukka again...

sounds more like the gear linkage needs setting up properly to me...

Gear oil change will help with it though... always does! :lol:

Cool.. well got a list of odd jobs I want Stealth to tackle before Germany. Think i'll add this to the list! Cheers Henry ;)

Could it be the clutch not disengaging properly? Possibly needing bled through or a slightly iffy cylinder.

sounds like mine was before i set up the gear linkage as henny says. was a pain in the a** to do but has given me a lovely smooth change now :-)

Joe M - will hope its the linkage first before I go down the clutch route! :|

I agree with Joe, sounds like the clutch isn't clearencing. Is the selection easy with the engine off and the clutch depressed?