Sign in to follow this  
CTWG60

------------

And your question is? :lol:

Good man - yep new VAG parts are the way to go and it sounds like you've done all the right mods!

To be honest this would be better suited as part of the members gallery forum if you can get some decent pics up...

8) Yup,intercooler and charger rebuild+chip+pulley are an excellent start and will really bring out the best in the engine.... 8)

The best things you can do now to get it even better are to gas flow and port out all of the things the charge flows through and get a free flowing exhaust.... Then you'll REALLY appreciate what these engines can do....

Sounds like your car's a little cracker now though and I for one would like to say that it's nice to read a post complimenting the forum for it's help provided... 8)

i couldnt tell from your post earlier but from further reading i may be wrong you are losing out as you have a standard charger what you need to do if it is standard and i havent mis read is get it down to g-werks and get it ported to either stage 4 or full blend which is the full works this will really show a massive improvement with the 65mm pulley! as the flow through the charger is increased immensly!

Cheers Andy

i would mount the horns in the old intercooler position the looms long enough to do this also, all you have to do is make a bracket to hold them in place.

check the simple things first... the expansion tank cap seal and pressure release valves are known weak spots and fail with age... ;)

When the waterpump on a G60 fails, it tends to pop a seal in the pump itself and lob water out from around the pulley area, not over pressurise the system... You're right that it could be thermostat, but have you checked that both top and bottom hoses are getting warm together, or is one hose always MUCH colder than the other? That'd point at thermostat to me.... A few other quick points to check are:

What temps are you running according to the water gauge? - Is it ACTUALLY overheating, or is it just throwing coolant out?

Does the fan ever come on? (both speeds?) My G60 started to overheat last sunday and ended up dumping 2 litres of coolant through the cap... turned out that the fuse for the fans had blown due to a worn wire shorting out so the car was running without fans on one of the hottest days I can remember in this country... no wonder she spat her coolant onto the floor! :lol: Changed the fuse, topped up the coolant, (sorted the short, and replaced the fuse again! :lol: ) and she's been fine for the last 300 miles... 8)

Go simple first before spending money... it's a simple rule of thumb, but it doesn't half save some money and heartache! :lol:

Good luck! 8)

Throw some AutoGlym machinery cleaner over your engine and work in the grubby areas with a paint brush. Rinse with a water via a watering can and you end up with this:-

Not the best pics though.

Blimey that is clean!

Mine was a horible burned orange colour...

What year is is - VW fitted the copper gaskets from 89 onwards to G60's

been interesting reading this post, CTWG60, your cars pretty much similar to mine, not sure if its exactly the same colour tho! performance wise i was out the other day and thought id try a 40-100 in 4th, never known the time, did it in 13.8 then 14.5.

obviously its not scientific as it was done on my phone stopwatch while holding the steering wheel! but you get the idea, and topped it out at 140mph. interesting seeing the slightly different mods we have? ported charger, 68mm, exhaust etc but no fmic! anyone else ever done this just as a comparison!

whats a vr time for this, still need to drive one to get the full experience!