Sign in to follow this  
CorradoDriver

Strange problem

Hey,

my car is almost fixed, the ilding problem was fixed thanks to a kind member on this problem but somthing new has come up. i was driving my car 10 min ago on the main road and the car started to lose power and sputter and shake then it fixed it self, and then did the same thing lose o power car starts to sputter and shake and then it fixed itself and then it was fine the rest of the way home, any ideas, id want to lose power on the highway (motorway)

Hmm,this is an odd problem.Has your car stood for a while,are you sure all the pipe work you had problems with are all conected?

Give the car a good run and see how it goes.

iv been driving the car for about 2 months no and before that the car stood for 4 years lol is there any thing i should do to the car besides with the sputtering problem and another thing when i press the clutch it creeks its like a squeaky door, i tried to find where the noise was coming from but i couldnt c anything i even went under the car. Are there some thing i should do to my car becuase its been sitting for so long??

the clutch creeking could be nothing more sinister than the plastic trim at the bottom of the dash flexing.........had it in mine a few years back and it was driving me mad til i sussed it out

as for the running probs.............if its been sitting for 4 yrs previous to the 2 months you've driven it,its probably needing a good service,new plugs,oil,filters(oil/air/fuel),it could even be needing new plug leads

is that everything that i should get serviced, i mean i can do all that my self, so far iv replace the fuel filter and i am probaly gona change the oil 2 morrow as afor the plugs idk i need to get that special tool that i can use to remove the plugs, any other suggestions

its not so much the tool for removing the plugs..........its the plug leads that are the pain to get off without the tool,make sure you get the metal tool other than the feeble plastic one too

I went to my local automotive store and they didnt have anything that was long enough, can i buy it online, Thanks oh and i just bought some dry gas for the fuel system i was thinking there some liquid in the fuel system casuing it to sputter once in a while, it weird it happend again coming back from the auto store, the car seemed to lose power and it started to jerk really hard, idk thanks

Hey,

Some one on the vw vortex forum told me that the car might come with the plug removal tool and then i remebered that i saw somthing that could have been it and it was, have a look at the picture PICT0722.jpg my life is at ease now lol i removed two of the spark plugs and sure enough it was black and burnt, im gona buy some new ones tomorrow, currently in the car ihave 2 pronged plugs should i stick with the 2 or should i get 3 pronged or 4 any suggestions, dont mind the date havent changed it on my camera. Thanks again guys

Rado's come with the one pictured above as standard, but they are often lost over the years, have a hunt around and see if you can find it.

They are the 'feeble plastic ones' as Rodders puts it ;)

Metal ones are better, General automotive shops won't sell the tool, try VW, its called a sparkplug removal hezet tool, can't remember the part number, but they are for sale on here (from the UK).

The plastic ones are pretty rubbish though.

Get yourself one of the metal ones - there's a group buy on here last thing I heard....

thanks, i found it in my trunk lol, i rotated the tires like 2 weeks ago and i saw it but wasnt sure waht it was for so i threw back in, lol turned out for the best and it isnt that bad of a tool, gets the job done, idk 1 more thing i asked this before but no one responded what type of plugs should i get, my car had the 2 pronged plugs but i wasnt sure if i should get 2, 3, or 4 pronged plugs for my vr6, any suggestions

metal ones part number is T10029

do a search for 'hazet'and find relavent threads

here

here

here

etc etc

thanks, i found it in my trunk lol

haha, told ya ;)

mine was fixed to the jack arm :)

Thanks, i still need to know what type plugs to get and by changing the plugs does the car perform much better or just better. Idk its my first car so no past experience lol by the way mine was sitting in the trunk and i thought it was apart of the jack arm so i put it on lol but after looking at the arm with that extra plastic somthing didnt seem right so thats when itook it off, good times, my ignition switch and fan switch should be coming 2day so i get to install that, cant wait to take the whole driver side steering wheel assembly off lol, my first semi big project, wish me luck lol

well new plugs can't make it any worse, but without knowing exactly the problem then no one will know if it will make it run any smoother.

do a search on here for the plug type, I'm just off to work :) / :(