Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

REAR BRACE HELP NEEDED?

Bought a rear strut brace from trimsport last week and have just tried fitting it into my C but it dosnt seem to fit/sit where it needs to :mad: !

i really need some help with this, so if anyones got any pics or advise on fittin this brace or one like it id be REALLY greatful?

Give Trimsport a bell, Morris or Lance will be only too pleased to help if you're having trouble with it.

NickVR6 had trouble with his I believe, their tolorance and his car just happened to be total opposites.

I've got a bar I want to fit, but my sub and amp get in the way :-(

just tring to work out whitch way it fits on:

if its this way (bottom pic) then the struts to long by 40mm!

or if its this way (top pic) then it dosnt sit under the top of my coilover properly and im worried bout damaging it?

well if thats the case the hole bars about 30-40mm to long to fit between the strut housings (purple bit of the body)?!

or do i need to remove this bit

Doubt you want to remove those bits, you would still have fleibility.

What length is your middle section?

My middle section (but including the plates that are welded to the pipe) is 924mm

Rado mate, sounds like you've got one that's too long from the same batch as Nick's. Morris swapped it out for him FOC and it fits OK.

Defo want it hooking round the metal part of the strut tower, the top pic would basically pull and bend the dampers :-)

They are a tight fit when right, mine needed a slight knock with my palms to line up, but it went in perfectly. Apparently there is a 10mm discrepencie between cars at the rear of Corrados.....good old hand built quality eh? :-)

the brace is no good, so give it to me :lol:

Might sell it to you :wink:

At the moment I can't fit it without ruining my amp panel.

mate get on to Morris, but dont fire one at him. Hes the nicest guy you could ever meet and is very hot on customer service as his business now is more for the love of the game than the money.

He had a particularly tight batch last time, and my car was at the narrow end of the scale giving me exactly what you have 30-40mm problem. His supplier is to blame i beleive so he swopped it out for a mk3 item which is 40mm narrower, fitted perfectly. Infact he came to me and fitted it for me!!

its frustrating but i guarantee Moris will sort you out no question!

Slacken the nuts and then tighten the U clamp bolts a little, just need nipping up really or you'll just bend the brace. Then retighten the lock nuts.

me and a mate got two at inters[trimsport] ,like kev said they needed a knock to get them in.great mod to have.

so how did you get it to fit if it was 40mm out!!?? thats was about what mine was, but a sledge hammer wouldnt have sorted that amount!

i was asuming youd taken the plastic curved bits out first time round ?

:oops: didnt take them off on the first go at it, but then took the whole brace to peaces (with them off) and it still needed a GOOD few tapes with a rubber hammer!

but its in, looking great and really doing its job!

took the C for a run out last nite and the improvment on handeling/cornering is fantastic (its even got rid of a few squeeks & ratles!).