Sign in to follow this  
martyjmcfly

Stainless steel VR6 6-2-1 exhaust manifold - whats the best?

mine isnt wrapped atm and when i had the cat back on for mot it melted the plastic throttle body elbow pipe so badly a small pipe fell through it lmao

Woops! :shock:

I've been a cheap tight git and bought a Raceland manifold..........

I was ready to part with the cash and was told the only remaining Supersprint manifold left in the country (Superspint main distributor warehouse) was missing the fitting kit!

Then of course the Italians all buggered off for 6 weeks on holiday meaning that none would be coming to the UK for a while so i thought what the heck and paid less than a third of the cost of the Supersprint.

I also bought it off Tuningleader from ebay. JMR has inspected it prior to fitting it later in October and reckons it spot on with all fittings.

It looks damn good and couldn't help but polish it even more!

I REALLY wanted to leave mine unwrapped so it looked the nuts, but EVERYBODY said I would be mad to do so. Can't really ignore everyone!

rite guys raceland manifold just arrived, but the box was soaked & damaged!

mani looks ok but think i mit be missing sum bits; in boxs there was

1 mani, 2 springs, 2 bolts, only 3 washers and the peace that bolts/conects the mani to the rest of the exhaust.

am i just missing one washer?

mines unwrapped atm and iv had no probs untill i put the cat back on lol

ps im getting it wrapped though so i would if i were you BEFORE you fit it hehe

think its a good idea and would look alot nicer but just havnt got the cash at the mo! so wraping mine-just need to get some first?!

How's everyone enjoying their new manifold then?

Fantastic don't you think. It's such a cool noise. I reckon it sounds kind of like a that clicky Harley noise. You can hear each cylinder fire. When i first heard it i thought an old fiesta was trying to overtake.

The weight saving is massive. I picked up the original cat and manifold and reckon their well over double the weight of the stainless stuff - all i can say is well chuffed - excellent mod if anyone is considering.

im sold, just put in a best offer of £117 then read that £120 was rejected! hope he needs the cash, it is the end of the month!

I have a carbonio cold air induction pipe on my inlet, does this mean its gonna be boy racer loud, the rst of my exaust is the magnex s/s with cat. Should i and how do i go about getting it de-catted?

Seeing as my down pipe is blowing, I am tempted to buy one of these raceland manifolds.

How much louder/different is the noise compared to stock? I really love the noise mine makes with just a de-cat pipe and really don't want to sound like a local slaxo boy racer.

Cheers peeps :)