Sign in to follow this  
16V KEV

engine

ive got a 1.8 16v [1990] when reving up the engine it seems to be slow to build revs & does the opposite when you let off the throttle it takes a while to drop down again , any ideas ?????

If the engine is otherwise running ok it could be your throttle cable. My VR has the same symptoms which has been diagnosed as a knackered cable. Been told this is a common fault on Corrados.

ive got a 1.8 16v [1990] when reving up the engine it seems to be slow to build revs & does the opposite when you let off the throttle it takes a while to drop down again , any ideas ?????

Had exactly the same problem myself mate - you need to replace the FPR on the side of the engine underneath the dizzy.... will cure it.

Scott.

Hi Scott , had a look for the fpr under the dizzy ,dont know exactly what im looking for but all i can see is 3 small sensors & 1 large one around the water outlet , which of these [ if any ] is the fpr ??????? :? :? :? :?

Hi Scott , had a look for the fpr under the dizzy ,dont know exactly what im looking for but all i can see is 3 small sensors & 1 large one around the water outlet , which of these [ if any ] is the fpr ??????? :? :? :? :?

Hello mate,

Right... the FPR is the Fuel Pressure Regulator... if you follow your fuel pipes that go into the injectors they go two ways - one towards air mass meter (sits on top of air filter) and injects petrol into the engine according to how much the throttle is open (flap distance inside air box) and the other way goes towards the FPR.... if you follow the pipes round by the dizzy then you'll see it underneath - a little steel block.... its this you need to change.

If you need anymore info on how the K Jet injection works let me know cos have loads of it! *:)

Cheers,

Scott