Sign in to follow this  
akacheesy

Lupo Wiper MOD

Pop the little plastic covers off the bottom of your existing wiper arms to reveal the nuts holding them on.

Apply suitably sized socket and remove. :)

Definately a worthwhile mod in my opinion.

Nice to have wipers that actually work :D

Although I did hear some peeps complaining that the blades didn't last very long.

My blades have lasted 7 months so far and they get plenty of use over here in sunny N.I. 8)

Mike16v, Yeah I must agree 50 quid well spent.What a difference it makes to see where you are going in the rain. 8)

NOT that we get a lot of RAIN in Scotland :lol: :lol:

The other thread probably answers the questions, but just in case. The arm nuts are 13mm. The blades are the same length but different part numbers (driver and pass side) because the pick up points for the arms are at different positions, but use two driver's side arms. Very effective mod; anyone not done it yet I can only suggest you do very soon.

if you get upto over 160km/h then they stat to lift btw, it rained here a tiny bit today. so i thought i'd test the aero-blades out.

But use two driver's side arms. Very effective mod; anyone not done it yet I can only suggest you do very soon.

I thought the other thread gave 4 codes, two different blades, and two different arms? hence having one passenger side, and one driver side?

Thera

aye thats right, but some peeps recommend 2 x drivers side to stop the passenger side from fouling the bonnet. I ordered one of each as its not big deal if i can't lift the wiper off and should get a bigger area covered. According to the main stealer the new drivers side part number comes with a wiper blade??? Dunno what the part number is though

if you get upto over 160km/h then they stat to lift btw, it rained here a tiny bit today. so i thought i'd test the aero-blades out.

100mph? Well, you shouldn't really do over 100mph in the rain!

*cough* I didn't experience any lift at 120mph the other night *cough* ;)

i just replaced the front drivers wiper arm with blades, and it has made a big difference, it was only £10 and took less than a minute to fit. It looks pretty good too, it was bought from halford, BOSCH 19S for the corrado. A very recommended mod/update........tested in the rain too....very good :mad:

its not the blades that cause the poor wipers on the corrado..its the wiper arm,the spring just doesnt put enough pressure in the screen

I replaced the blades with them Bosch ones, with the "spoiler" to "increase the down force of the blade on the screen", they were s***e.

Need the lupo kit I think, but just had to pay for MOT, Tax, new headlight (MOT), Headlight wiring loom upgrade, and a K & N induction kit, so as long as it doesn't rain till next pay day i'll be ok :shock:

Also, my ABS light is now illuminated (see other thread), I have yet to get him plugged into a VAG-COM, but I fear the worst, so can't go too crazy this month incase its terminal.

Thera

well i was pretty impressed with the bosch ones, i only tested it on a standstill and it was good, so may be if i go fast with the down force it should be much better....

C is a expensive car to maintain, mine has cost me too much to add up the bills, but most cost are due to my little brother :twisted: , but know i keep the keys with me all the time......so the little bugger can't take the car again. ........anyway hope things work out for you mate...............

cheers buddy.

tbh I haven't had many probs with the car over my year of ownership (touch wood) so can't really complain about the running costs, I don't even worry about the cost of filling him up, these are the sorta things that have to be done, so not worth me worrying ;)

One thing I will say though, all the main probs (ABS, windows, Heater) happened in the space of 2 weeks, and that happened to be the 2 weeks after I stopped washing him weekly, so, If ya want trouble free motoring, wash your C weekly.

Thera

...btw babrul, my Corrado came from Guildford 8)

(i presume thats what your location is sposed to say;))

Thera

hello mate,

i was in guildford for the last for 4 years when i was at the university there.........i did come across alot of corrados, .....guildford must have the highest rate of corrado in the UK!! I might have seen your car, is it a sort of darkish colour, maybe bluesih? do you know what road the guy lived on ( worplesdon road.....