Sign in to follow this  
plateletboy

EEkkk..!! I seem to have a VR6 on my drive...

Firstly hi to everyone, this will be my newbie post to the forum and it will still be full of the enthusiasm of now finally having an L-plate corrado VR6 'storm wannabe' parked on the drive - classic green with beige leather interior, air con, and BBS solitudes

I still cant believe it. I've had my beautiful 20 year old metallic pewter Scirocco GTX for the last 8 years, and have been completely faithful, but ive finally gone and dumped her for her younger sibling, and off Ebay no less..... :oops:

Driving the new corrado is helping me deal with then pain of selling the rocco though...!!! :D Im still not quite used to so much of the power coming in past 4000rpm, and by which point its already flying anyway... woo-hoo...........

But, im having the fear of having to deal with a very big engine in a very small place when it comes to fixing mechanicals and servicing.......

My first problem and enquiry - although probably not in the right place. It seems that when i activate the rear wash wipe, i end up with water in the passenger footwell?!?!? does the supply pipe for the rear W/W pass through the dash above the passenger footwell then?!?!

cheers for now,

PB

welcome to the forum! I think the pipe does pass along the top of the bonnet

Enjoy your new Rado!

yup, pop the bonnet and check the under the plastic scuttle at the back... the little pipe to the rear is either disconnected or split. it happened on my sister's car too :wink:

I'm still not quite used to so much of the power coming in past 4000rpm, and by which point its already flying anyway... woo-hoo...........

I'm the same at the moment - Have to make sure there's plenty of room ahead before approaching 4K rpm :lol:

Just voicing my personal opinion, somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but it's still what I think. Different strokes and all that. :lol:

Thanks for the welcome..!!

I've always found the whole Scirocco 1 vs 2, Scirocco 2 vs Corrado debate amusing....

As far as I'm concerned the Corrado is the Scirocco mk3. You only have to look at the pair of them currently parked in my drive in silhouette and the evolution is unmistakable. Much like a golf 3 is clearly the golf 2's younger brother.....

Ive always wondered how many Corrado owners on the forum had a scirocco before it, or at least lusted after one when younger??

I wish i could keep both..... :(

Pb

I still think Sciroccos are good cars though, I just like corrados better.

It's like saying 'what's better a VR or a G60?'

Everyone has different tastes and opinions :)

I've had to rocco's and 2 rado's and love both models but for very different reasons..

Rocco beacuse its old school and very basic no frills fun

Rado because its a bit posher/quicker and still holds its own in the looks department

I sold this just before buying my current rado....

dsc1840by7.jpg

Rico, thats lovely mate i really struggle with mk2 roccos ive been searching for a decent mk1 for ages but cant find one that pic proves the mk2 can be gorgeous!

Yep, I've got a 92 GT2 at the moment and it's a hoot.

I find it hard to believe that the 'rocco is in fact newer than some of the G60's i've had because it feels like a classic car to drive :lol:

yep, had a mint blue gt2 until I crashed it, bought the Rado, cos its basically a Rocco, and when you press the brake pedal in a Rado, the car actually comes to a stop quite quickly, unlike the Rocco

Absolutely love the look of Roccos, and it was the most reliable car I've ever had, after purchasing it I had it for 2 years and I never spent a penny on it (except fuel!). Had the Rado for 4 months and I've allready spent a good £500 on it. :roll: