Jim Bowen

Jim Bowen Corrado VR6 - New engine build

I got local garage to do the rear ones. Cost a tenner. The powerflex ones are easy to do. But the r32 ones have a really soft metal shell so didnt fancy wrecking them myself.

I got local garage to do the rear ones. Cost a tenner. The powerflex ones are easy to do. But the r32 ones have a really soft metal shell so didnt fancy wrecking them myself.

Ahh cool I thought you managed it at home...I got all the bushes etc its something I wanna do to mine in future.

Dropped it off at a new garage today (instead of the place i've used for 13yrs)

20130123_090446_zpsb324ebb2.jpg

Asked them to do the 4 wheel alignment and take it for a drive to see if they can notice whats up (am convinced its more than just the tracking/camber)

Got it back and steering feels more firm when turning but still handles bad on rough roads. Garage took it out for a drive and has advised the suspension is too firm. Especially the rear end.

I might try some springs and shocks on the rear and leave coilovers on front for now.

Lowered the suspension and its transformed the handling, still need a bit of tweaking done but its almost spot on now, really pleased and loving driving it now.

Seeing as nothing was broken this weekend i gave it a bit of a wash.

8441567190_260cfd7a7a_c.jpg

Untitled by AcePinJim, on Flickr

8440478973_9871311438_c.jpg

8440482987_3edb10bc14_c.jpg

8440484527_996c37f277_c.jpg

8441802746_010d2ce588_c.jpg

8441804772_d0a4b235a4_c.jpg

Got bored of taking photos after that, not too bad condition really.

That look's mint mate hopefully i can get mine looking as good if i do i will be a happy chappy :). Oh by the way mate thank's to you and you thread regarding mk4 caliper's on rear got the handbrake cables you listed as required and they are a perfect fit two click's on handbrake now i think i said thank's to everyone who i bought part's off last nite the part's obviously are an important part but without the advice/help from you guy's who have done it they would be useless so thank's mate it is appreciated :salute::thumb right:

Edited by clumpy1

Elegant looking car.

I'm going to do the rear brakes this coming spring. What does it involve to do the aluminium calipers Mk. IV etc?

Cheers,

Redfox.

Elegant looking car.

I'm going to do the rear brakes this coming spring. What does it involve to do the aluminium calipers Mk. IV etc?

Cheers,

Redfox.

Check it out in the drivetrain section mate my car already had the caliper's fitted i needed new hand brake cable's as the one's that were fitted were the wrong one's alot of that on my car hopefully the majority have now been addressed. Very informative thread :thumbleft:

Cheers all. I always thought corrados look great pretty much standard. Have though about different wheels but with the potholes and rough roads I like the extra sidewall profile on the speed lines.

Plus the tyres are cheaper.

Cheers all. I always thought corrados look great pretty much standard. Have though about different wheels but with the potholes and rough roads I like the extra sidewall profile on the speed lines.

Plus the tyres are cheaper.

Exactly why i removed the 17" porsche speedlines with 40's and put on 16" compomotive's with 45's the difference is immense your car is perfect the way it is mate.

I think the photos make it look far better than it is up close. Got a few dings and little bits of rust on the rear end. Just sorted the front end rust out. And repaired quite a bit of paint with rattle cans.

I know what your saying mate when i read stoney's thread prior to buying the car off Baron i thought can't go wrong here it's mint but it isn't like how it was in stoney's pic's or Baron's but i am sure it can be improved on (i was a valeter/owner for a few years) i am fortunate to have a car with no rust but there is still little niggle's visible prep on a £6500 spray job (surely not i hear you say afraid so) not easily noticeable after some outside detail this week we will see where we stand.Your car look's really good if it is original.

Noticed this on my dashboard the other day and thought i'd take a photo for the album. Might try for 300,000miles, although i reckon that will take 4-5yrs

20130322_165348.jpg

20130305_130008.jpg

Is that on the original engine and gearbox?

That's done we'll if it is, we'll done for keeping up with it and not throwing in the towel.

Yeah original engine and gearbox. All its had is the timing chains at 194k a clutch and 10k services.

Nearly everything else has been replaced though. Leather is doing well for its age as well.

---------- Post added at 5:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:46 PM ----------

Saying that. Its got engine issues at the moment.

She is but a baby... think mine will celebrate her 230000 mile'th birthday in the next couple of weeks.

Got another engine now, its the one Robo22sri was selling with the 263 cams (thanks Rob)

20130428_184720.jpg

Came with the ancillaries so i have some spares now

20130429_154758.jpg

Got gearbox off and put it on the stand.

20130430_200303.jpg

Going to paint the block and swap some bits over from my engine thats in the car.