herisites

Rob's R32 Corrado - FOR SALE :(

nice,its got a nice stance,and i bet it shifts too :tongue:

Cheers, i have actually raised it slightly :shock:

Well i cant thrape it yet as the fuelling isn't set up, but The Usual Suspects (Kev and Dave!) will be coming over next weekend to sort that out. But just taking it to sort of 3k rpm it bloody flies so cant wait to see what its like when i can take it up the revs :eek:

Come on Rob, tell everybody all about it :D or have you broken it already :(

:lol: Not broken it yet, havent had a chance to update as i have been out in the thing too much running it out of fuel :lol:

So as people have probably guessed ITS FINISHED!!!! And back on the road :D :D :D i am very happy to say the least.

It was running like crap, then Dave come and done his magic and after a bit of MAF moving it ran sweet as a nut and the rest of the evening was spent with me and kev blasting up and down dual carriageway testing the fuelling, stop and give it a tweak then back up and down :lol:

It pulls very well, has a great surge from 2k on but hit 4.5k and you are off and even Kev seemed quite impressed with it which i am happy with as his is an animal so anything less would seem pitiful in comparison :lol: i made a mistake going out in his before though as although mine is quick i cant tell how quick because i just had how stupidly fast kevs was in my head, so i will hopefully be getting a drive in Mic-VR's standard vr soon so i can compare :D

So MAHOOSIVE thanks for Kev for his work with the head gasket, timing chains and charger setup yesterday and BIG thanks to Dave for his help getting it setup properly yesterday, you are both legends :notworthy: :notworthy:

Roll on rolling road day :norty:

Great news :) Really looking forward to seeing how the beastie runs :)

Wanna transfer some money now? ;)

Great news :) Really looking forward to seeing how the beastie runs :)

Wanna transfer some money now? ;)

Yeah that might be a good idea, soz :oops:

Nice work mate, you had the two best guys for the job . Kev and dave sure know there stuff :)

They sure do!

Next on the cards is some 263 cams i reckon :nuts:

Nice work mate, you had the two best guys for the job . Kev and dave sure know there stuff :)

They sure do!

Would defo get the cams :)

They sure do!

Would defo get the cams :)

Get some water injection on it first. It's OK now with the winter cool air, but when it gets warmer the intake temps will be off the chart. Keep it 8)

Looking good as always Rob. Glad its back on the road, looking forward to seeing it on sunday.

On the cooling issue, I was told recently that its considered bad practice to use water injection as a primary method of cooling and it should only be used in conjunction with a FMIC/CC incase temps get too high. :? I had planned to use aquamist on my Vortech though.

blimey, so you've put the polishing cloth down and are planning to drive it?!

*faints*

Oh it gets driven mate! I may clean it a lot but thats because i am out driving it so much for it to get dirty!! :lol:

Get some water injection on it first. It's OK now with the winter cool air, but when it gets warmer the intake temps will be off the chart. Keep it 8)

Yeah was going to look at some form of cooling but thought it might be ok with the cams without any extra cooling as they will just fill the cylinders more?

Im not sure which way to go with cooling tbh, would like it pretty reliable as planning on going round europe in it beginning of June!!

Oh it gets driven mate!

Tell me about it! On it's maiden voyage where I wasn't sure if the WOT fuelling was quite right or not, he immediately thrapes the cack out of it :shock: :lol:

She's running sweet. Possibly not optimally yet, but it's not far off the mark at all. It's already kept up with a 280hp Vectra VXR, which is a good sign to me 8)

As for cooling, why not invest in one like Dave's? Nice and compact and effective?

Aquamist is OK but I personally wouldn't use it as a main intercooling device, it should really be supplementary to a hardware intercooler, but S/Cs get away with it to a degree because of their progressive nature.

Tell me about it! On it's maiden voyage where I wasn't sure if the WOT fuelling was quite right or not, he immediately thrapes the cack out of it :shock: :lol:

She's running sweet. Possibly not optimally yet, but it's not far off the mark at all. It's already kept up with a 280hp Vectra VXR, which is a good sign to me 8)

As for cooling, why not invest in one like Dave's? Nice and compact and effective?

Aquamist is OK but I personally wouldn't use it as a main intercooling device, it should really be supplementary to a hardware intercooler, but S/Cs get away with it to a degree because of their progressive nature.

:lol: yeah i was a bit eager to drive it, after all it had been 6 months since i last drove it properly!

Also had a play with a Scooby STI and annihilated a new golf GTI :D

Will have a look into some different forms of cooling and see what i can afford really. I'm not going to go for silly power anyway so any cooling will be better than none i suppose.

Sounds superb, Rob. Must be fantastic to finally have it all finished 8) Never been in a Rotrexed C- how does the power delivery compare to a Vortech?

Good to see it back to life Rob, you must be a happy man..

Any ideas what shes gonna put out on sunday?

Sounds superb, Rob. Must be fantastic to finally have it all finished 8) Never been in a Rotrexed C- how does the power delivery compare to a Vortech?

Yeah its fantastic, although i am getting used to it already :lol: The power delivery is much better than a Vortech imo, i drove Karls last year which was knocking on 300bhp and it was fast but a very progressive fast and not really much low down. I dont think mine is kicking out as much as that but it has good power delivery from 2k on really and when it hits 4-4.5k it shifts! The mid-range is great too, no dropping down gears to overtake, just press and it picks up and pulls straight past cars effortlessly so i am happy about that!

Good to see it back to life Rob, you must be a happy man..

Any ideas what shes gonna put out on sunday?

I sure am mate! 8)

Im not sure what the power will be tbh as like i said it feels a faster car to drive than Karls old 300bhp Vortech but thats mainly because it has more mid-range and low down whereas the vortech needs whinding up!

I have had a couple of short races, main one being the new vectra vxr which is 280bhp and 275lb/ft which is a quick car, i was in 3rd coming out of a roundabout when he pressed on to the dual carriageway so i wasn't really in the power but i pressed and as it built up the power i did catch him and was up his arse, but backed off as a car looked like it was about to pull out. I toyed with a Scooby STI which i dont know if he was going all out as i had plenty left. And i have destroyed numerous other cars including a new golf gti :D :lol:

I am expecting about 260-270bhp maybe? Anything around that i will be happy with tbh as its only running about 7-8 psi and its only had a 50 pence remap from Dave :lol:

My bum dyno was telling me yours is around the 250hp mark mate. Although, the same bum thought my car was 330hp :lol:

Can't believe I spent all last night cleaning my car and it's YOUR fault :lol:

I must hold a record though - Washed, dried, Gay Bar'd, waxed, buffed and "detailed" in 2hrs 5 mins?

The Gay bar (swissol) got all that copper gasket overspray off, amazing! I even waxed the glass and water beads off that on the motorway, don't even need wipers 8) Collinite Insulator wax......seems to be cool stuff!

Still need you to machine buff it though really!

I am expecting about 260-270bhp maybe? Anything around that i will be happy with tbh as its only running about 7-8 psi and its only had a 50 pence remap from Dave :lol:

Bet thats the best 50 pence you've ever spent Rob! Sounds like your pretty chuffed with it. When you start thinking its a bit slow, best drive around in the Polo for a bit, then get back in the C. You soon get used to the extra power!

See ya Sunday :)

My bum dyno was telling me yours is around the 250hp mark mate. Although, the same bum thought my car was 330hp :lol:

That true :wink: i would be fairly happy with 250bhp, but i think it could be more, it does go pretty well and i cant remember karls vortech being a hell of a lot quicker if any.

Can't believe I spent all last night cleaning my car and it's YOUR fault :lol:

I must hold a record though - Washed, dried, Gay Bar'd, waxed, buffed and "detailed" in 2hrs 5 mins?

The Gay bar (swissol) got all that copper gasket overspray off, amazing! I even waxed the glass and water beads off that on the motorway, don't even need wipers 8) Collinite Insulator wax......seems to be cool stuff!

Still need you to machine buff it though really!

:lol: I cant believe it either!! Im a bit disappointed though, you were too easy to break into submission on the whole "detailing" thing, was expecting more of a fight from you tbh :lol:

Yep claying might sound weird but it does its job, my car's paint was like sandpaper after all that brick dust was left on it for so long, claying soon got rid of it though 8)

If you want as machine polish mate just name a time and place! I would be happy to do it after all the help you have given me with getting my car running :notworthy:

Good to see its running again. I have Karl's Vortech now, but it doesn't feel like 300bhp to me, felt better in his. Mine is a bit hesitant and spluttery.

I want his new engine/charger setup :D