Sign in to follow this  
mtc R32

Calling People with Coilovers, help required :? :? :?

Started my suspension today.... Rears all done, although I'm alittle confused!!!

When I took the legs/Springs out the top plates seem to have a wider diameter than the FK's ????

Now IIRC... I remember hearing that the later Corrado's came with larger top plates ????

Is this correct??? I've took some pics.... Are they gonna be ok or do i need to purchase something

DSC00494.jpg

DSC00493.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

Only the front spring plates differ between early and late. Im no expert, but i pretty sure if you've got coilovers all the plates you will require come as part of the struts.

Okay...

You've got late-model strut-top bearings fitted in the photo of the front shocks, but (apparently) no top mounts.

On the rears you appear to have the top spring seat (not required) still in place between the top of the coilover and the top plate - but no top mounts.

You also appear to have the start of corrosion around the underside of the front strut housing which needs to be seen to before winter sets in.

Okay...

You've got late-model strut-top bearings fitted in the photo of the front shocks, but (apparently) no top mounts.

On the rears you appear to have the top spring seat (not required) still in place between the top of the coilover and the top plate - but no top mounts.

You also appear to have the start of corrosion around the underside of the front strut housing which needs to be seen to before winter sets in.

The 1st picture is the rear leg that i took off...

The 2nd picture shows the rear leg in and just above the the silver top plate is the top mount....

The 3rd pic is the front leg which i forgot to put the top mount back on before I took the pic...

Am I still doing anything wrong???

Maybe if you posted pictures of the bits you're asking questions about??? :)

The later Corrado's come with different front top plates and top mounts. The top plates aren't required it you're fitting coilovers.

You still need to sort the corrosion as a matter of urgency.

Maybe if you posted pictures of the bits you're asking questions about??? :)

The later Corrado's come with different front top plates and top mounts. The top plates aren't required it you're fitting coilovers.

You still need to sort the corrosion as a matter of urgency.

TBH I think its only surfice stuff..... but yeh I will double check... whats best for treating?????