Sign in to follow this  
imyhamid

GAZ Coilovers

Hi all been looking around and just wondered if anyone has got them or know's of the above coilovers. i did a search but could not come up with anything. Are they any good compared to KW etc.

Cheers lads

Imran

I belive Kev was having some made for him, Im not sure how he got on with them or if he is even running them on his car yet.

Cheers dude, thought i had seen a post about them somewhere. have been looking around for suspension for a bit now and man is there too many choices out there. I will give him a pm to see how he is getting on. If they are not the one's for me then i will be in touch about the KW variant 2.

cheers, Imran

As far as I know, my Gazzers aren't finished yet. They've had their 4 weeks production time now, so I'll chase them up on Monday.

Some reasonable effort went into speccing this kit - mainly for faster B road performance - so it will be interesting to see how they compare to the H&R's I've got on now. I'll let you know!

imyhamid, I can put you out of your misery, the kit has arrived.

Upon initial inspection, the quality appears to be excellent.

A nice wide thread pitch on the damper body for faster height adjustment, which is also zinc coated.

Base adjustable B&R with click detents.

Progressive front springs @ 275lb/ins and 210lb/ins rear springs of a fixed rate.

Should be good. I'll aim to get them on next week and report back.

If they're good, Gaz now at least have the tooling done, so can get them out quicker than they did mine.

Cheers

I'm thiking i might take up H&R's offer of a set of springs rated to about standard, fitted to their coilover kit as I liked the damping on the last set I had, really like the handling, but hated the spring rate

Yeah those Bilstein gas monotubes are very good. Let me know how that works out. For me, they weren't far off.... maybe 300lbs would be perfect.