Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

Its not an engine bay mod, those plans are on hold for a little while...

Im talking about wheels and an interior mod... Hope to have it sorted by june or July depending on whats hapenning with work..

ah recaro seats nice is it true that the rear passengers get more leg room with the recaro seats as they are slimmer??

ah recaro seats nice is it true that the rear passengers get more leg room with the recaro seats as they are slimmer??

Ive never heard that before. TBH no one is permitted to sit in the back of mine so its not an issue..

dont know if its true or not think i remember somone sayin a while back! Everyone complains whoever has to sit in the backseat then i explain its a COUPE 2+2 like a porsche lol! I want recaros but there arnt any for sale and rarely come up for sale either! :(

They might be a bit slimmer therefore more legroom. Best thing for the back seat passengers (my kids!) is that the recaros fold forward loads more than the standard seats so getting in and out of the back is only half the chore :)

dont know if its true or not think i remember somone sayin a while back! Everyone complains whoever has to sit in the backseat then i explain its a COUPE 2+2 like a porsche lol! I want recaros but there arnt any for sale and rarely come up for sale either! :(

There's a set in Parts for Sale right now!

Sorry i meant leather recaros! :)

OK, with you now! You don't have to tell me how difficult they are to buy, it took me a year to find a pair of grey leather ones, worth every minute of the wait though 8)

I'd agree with Mr Corsa- that pic is superb. Just love the engine bay too- looks nice and factory 8) Shame we didn't get to see it in the flesh again the other day, but it was good to see the Goof- made me want one too!

So, are you gonna go with beige Recaros to keep the Storm colours? Hen's teeth! Fancy selling me your interior? :lol:

I'd agree with Mr Corsa- that pic is superb. Just love the engine bay too- looks nice and factory 8) Shame we didn't get to see it in the flesh again the other day, but it was good to see the Goof- made me want one too!

So, are you gonna go with beige Recaros to keep the Storm colours? Hen's teeth! Fancy selling me your interior? :lol:

Cheers Andy, i would have loved to have brought it up to Stealth, its never been on the rollers since the engine mods went in..

I never mentioned Recaros guys... :) To be fair i do want some and when the time comes it will be a retrimmed set to match the rear bench. Interior plan for next year involves the dashboard, ive got a guideline price, target time is june...

Id really like to have the car with wheels and dash sorted for BVF/E38 next year, obviously subject to what hapenning with work at the time..

Oh and i think you should get a Mk2, i think everyone should have one, such great fun..

Shame to see this great example go into hiding, though with all the time, money & effort you've put into this I don't blame you! :) If I can get mine looking even half as good as this then I'll be wel chuffed.

Keep up the good work Goldie. :)

Goldie next years plans sound promising.... RS301's against classic green paintwork will be a classy combination!

So what dash are you going for then? or is that a secret?

What ever you do Im sure itll look great, I look forward to seeing it.

Graham

Shame to see this great example go into hiding, though with all the time, money & effort you've put into this I don't blame you! :) If I can get mine looking even half as good as this then I'll be wel chuffed.

Keep up the good work Goldie. :)

Thanks very much, its just the winter roads really do the car no favours, its for the best, i am missing it though..

So what dash are you going for then? or is that a secret?

Graham

Its not top secret, i have toyed with the idea of TT, Mk4 etc etc but i dont think itll be right for mine, plan is for a little visit to MJ for a dash trim..

if you want to customise your dash then trim it!

Thats the plan... Ive seen a couple and have liked, i think the trick is not to overdo it, just the dash shell..

cant wait for the changes, the car is to such a high standard i'm sure they will look ace!!!!!!

Update time..

Been a lovely sunny day down in Pompey today and it was made better by the fact that the Corrado went through its MOT, no advisories. The MOT man was very complimentry about the old girl. Its been the first time ive driven it for a few months and goodness me its good, im definitely feeling the love... :)

Thought id give her a wash when i got back and im over the moon with how shiny its looking.. I did take some pics but they came out poorly, ill try again tomorrow..

Progress over the winter has just been the small things, badges, aerial base, removed some of the dash that didnt fit correctly and sorted. Plan for next week is to get the rear beam off, rebush, fit the Mk4 rears that ive painted up, new 90mm chin. Ive also got a stealth remapped ECU for my engine set up that will be going on shortly, im toying with the idea of an exhaust in the not too distant future, its been a while since ive been through a spending phase... :D

Good to hear she got through the MOT with flying colours 8) Well done! Looking forward to those pics :)

Cheers Andy, its always a relief..

Other thing id forgotten to say is i need a new headunit, ive had a look at the Makamichi things which is the sort of thing im after. Anyone got an experiences, how much and where from???