Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Reflex silver Golf 4mo - pics added

Good to hear she got through the MOT with flying colours 8) Well done! Looking forward to those pics :)

Yeah me too, its always great when you get no advisories either cos it means you can spend your hard earned on the ' nice stuff ' :lol:

Great news! And the feeling of driving a VR after a few months off is something else ain't it.... Looking forward to seeing you and the motor at some shows this year. Got to be one of my all time favourite Corrados 8)

Great news! And the feeling of driving a VR after a few months off is something else ain't it.... Looking forward to seeing you and the motor at some shows this year. Got to be one of my all time favourite Corrados 8)

Dont get me wrong Dave, i love the Mk2 but in a very different way. The Mk2 is nimble and very responsive but the Corrado feels so musclely and the mid range power feels fantastic, and as for the noise...

Im very flattered with the compliment as your car is every bit as good as mine just with a load more power. Im hoping work is going to prevent me attending everything this year, Stanford looks like a goer but after that nothing is guaranteed at the moment. I really want to arrive at a show with some RSs this year. Ill know more when i move north in May, fingers crossed..

Heres a few pictures of the car from today, i gave it its first coat of wax and im pleased with how it came up..

Also changed the 90mm chin today for one which is unmarked, i wonder how long it will stay like that as the last one looks a bit sorry for itself...

IMG_1219.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

IMG_1223.jpg

Looks mint as ever.

Your plans are exactly the same as mine but you will definately be getting there before me.

Looks mint as ever.

Your plans are exactly the same as mine but you will definately be getting there before me.

Where you moving up north.

Looks mint as ever.

Seems like we are all wanting RSs, tbh if i could think of something for about teh same price that would have the same effect id go for it but i genuinely dont think there is anything to rival them..

Im moving back to Durham and will be working just outside Glasgow so will be running backwards and forwards...

looks really nice! wish mine looked as good as that, i took a picture for you today which you might like :norty: not that sort of picture!! ill pm it to you to save clogging up your thread!

Moving work from Portsmouth up to Glasgow eh....better pack you're jacket then :lol:

I presume you won't be commuting in your pride & joy?

I can think of a set of wheels and a forum member has them as well cost about the same and very similar to RS's, only seen the 1 corrado with them on as well.

Its not just the wheels i want but the dash doing and the rear beam refurb.

IMG_1229.jpg

CALENDAR PIC :D

I dunno like Fay, it is a good one but id like a better background before ill enter it for the Calender...

No danger of the car being used for commuting, im desperately trying to find a garage where i can store it otherwise itll be getting a cover for its birthday and it will have to sit in my Parents back garden...

i took a picture for you today which you might like :norty: not that sort of picture!! ill pm it to you to save clogging up your thread!

Bit of a nice picture it is, bad influence though... :)

Nice one Michael, looking great as ever 8) .

I've got the MOT end of next month then back on the road 1st April - can hardly wait :)

Nice one Michael, looking great as ever 8) .

I've got the MOT end of next month then back on the road 1st April - can hardly wait :)

Cheers Bill, bet you cant wait. Mine isnt getting taxed until the beginning of next month so yesterday was a treat taking ot for an MOT. I cant wait to get the car out properly next month.. :)

Looking good Michael 8) Be great to catch up at UD

Looking forward to that weekend, got a bit of work to do between now and then..

Cant wait to see you car Shaun, yours is wearing the same miles that mine had on when it went to Tunbridge VW for a service in 1996...

great car mate,

well happy that it got threw the mot as well as it did!

and it was also something else to drive, smooth roaring power :)

time for an upgrade me thinks :shock:

great car mate,

well happy that it got threw the mot as well as it did!

and it was also something else to drive, smooth roaring power :)

time for an upgrade me thinks :shock:

Glad you like it mate and a big thankyou for pointing me in the right direction for the MOT...

Ive got no doubt it wont take long for you to upgrade.. :)

Its finally out for the spring yeah!! Looking mint as always mate!! Im thinking of putting the solitudes back on it after i get them refurbed sick and tired of the potholes in this country its a joke!! Then get it lowered in the next couple of months!!

No tax yet though Jon, using the rest of the month to finish the jobs..

Progress update, rear beam is off the car and will be getting stripped down tonight ready to go to the powdercoaters..

Pics will be coming...

Think i might buy an exhaust today, mine doesnt look very shiney underneath... :)

Heres a couple of pics of the rear beam now its off. Still need to remove the compensator and the bushes which ill be doing tonight. Beam is in decent shape, just a bit of surface rust which is to be expected. Itll be going off for a shot blast and a powdercoat and hope to have it back next week. Ill build it back up then with braided hoses and Mk4s and then itll be going back on..

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1236.jpg

Right that's it, after seeing that top picture i'm definitley tinting my rear lights, have been uming and aring for ages.