Sign in to follow this  
AB

twin 40's

hi i have just purchased a full twin 40 set up for my valver it has a facet fuel pump with it but i was just curious if anyone knew weather the standard pump was up to it or not. does anyone also know what sort of power that should run on a standard engine apart from 4 branch and full system. thanks for any help.

Standard pump will be overkill for the carbs,use the Facet pump.

Carbs are old school and dont expect huge power gains,but expect carbs that need constant adjustment,spitting back and the heavy fuel costs !

Been there,done that and got the badge,its a lovley sound but get it to the rollers for rejetting to your engine.

cool cheers. i know they can be alot of maintenance but i want the engine bay free from clutter. thanks for the advice.

When i had my golf i hated the clutter of the old 16 valve so i put one of these in 2litre ABF 180bhp.

DSCF0008.jpg

Used to have a 5 Turbo aswell back in the day with over 200bhp,great cars ! Loves head gaskets

yeah that does look better.

bless the little renaults just cant seem to give it up makes me smile eveytime.

My bro is running twin 45's on a 2.0 16v in his Rocco, which made 185bhp on the rollers when he had the carbs re-jetted recently... He's lucky if he gets anywhere near 20mpg though :shock:

Carbs can offer a nice increase in both power and torque if set up/jetted correctly.

And shouldn't be hard to maintain if they are in good order.

Only time they need constant adjustment is if the spindles are worn or the carbs are generally tired...Or somebody is hidden under the bonnet twiddling things :lol:

Neil. :)