Sign in to follow this  
herisites

What's best? Need some help please

Ok i know that this has been brought up about a million times and i have been going through the search and came up with lots of results but i still want to ask myself as i want some more advice.

Basically i want to know the best induction kit for the vr6 that gives a nice noise as well as performance?

The search results are basically between the BMC CDA and the Turn2 CAI (can someone post a link or something for the Turn2 as i cant find anything on them!) but these are quite pricey for me at the moment so are there cheaper alternatives that work as well or am i going to have to save up?

What about THIS cheap alternative?

I have always thought that panel filters were best for performance, is this the case with the vr6 or will i get much better results with one of the above?

Once i have a decent filter etc i want to get the BBTB and then get a custom remap, how much would i expect to get from these mods? Anything else not tooo pricey that gives good gains along with these other mods?

Lots of questions to answer i know but i thought i would post them ALL up instead of spamming the forum with loads of posts :lol:

Rob.

"The material carbon fibre became famous in racing. It is used in Formula 1 and DTM cars to save as much weight as possible. Carbon fibre has got a very high rigidity and tensile strength. Its machining is very complex but the elasticity and absorbability is unique – that makes it an ideal mate-rial to be used in filter systems."

Wow, unique "absorbability".

I'd stick to the BMC or Turn2 ones ;) You know you can trust the filtration offered with the big name brands too.

Thanks for the reply. I agree about keeping with the big names, i wouldnt go with any cheap names but i just wanted to find out if anyone else used these. I ideally want the BMC CDA but its a bit pricey for me at the min. Do you know where to get those Turn2 kits?

Rob.

Turd2 no longer exist.

The BMC CDA is one of very few filters that actually offer any performance gain and it doesn't sound too loud.

I didnt think the turn2 existed anymore because i couldnt fine anything on them :lol:

Well i think i am going to have to save for the BMC CDA kit then :(

Do you know roughly what power i will be looking at with the BMC CDA kit on with a BBTB, miltek zorst and remap? I read that Stealth claim 7bhp gain from the BMC alone?

Rob.