Sign in to follow this  
K-rado

New schrick manifold 8) and charger

Right, with 50k mls approaching on my car, I have decided that come the new year, I will be giving her a rest and a makeover.

A drop with koni coilovers, full break overhaul, new BB's n Boots and some proper lights to name but a few things on the cards.

What I would realy like for the engine bay is a schrick manifold and a charger.

now the question......... with a straight manifold changeover/chip n tune, what sort of torq/bhp could we expect?

then the same as above with added charger (air or water dont know which is the best way to go)

with all of the above done, a fresh coat of paint.

I am gonna setaside a buget of abt 4 1/2 Gees. recon enough?

You won't much, if any, of a BHP increase with a Shrek. The torque difference is superb tho. I want another shrek! I am looking for one at the moment.

4.5k gbp. I have found as place for a new schrick at 1300eura (950). think I will go with it for a start., couple of Gs for the charger? 600 notes for the koni's? 600? for ancor overhayl and ohhhhhhhhhhhh

running outa lolly? :lol:

whats up with ur's Bally?

Where do you find a new shrek for that? I want one!

I was at a meet the other day as you do and a well sorted Vr Golf was sporting a new charger and schrick manifold.

one gets talking as one does at these sorta gath,.............

I'll Pm u :lol:

4.5k gbp. I have found as place for a new schrick at 1300eura (950). think I will go with it for a start., couple of Gs for the charger? 600 notes for the koni's? 600? for ancor overhayl and ohhhhhhhhhhhh

running outa lolly? :lol:

whats up with ur's Bally?

the valvers getting tired..... :roll:

Jeeeez Bally, there are some lovely Vr's out there at the mo.

The other day at the same meet I spotted a 130k miler Vr that is, realy is Mint with elect recaros/black leather and everything done with sweeet BB's.

Just lernt that he is thinking of selling. realy will be a cracking buy!

plenty of scope for the "Bally mister" drop :lol:

Jeeeez Bally, there are some lovely Vr's out there at the mo.

The other day at the same meet I spotted a 130k miler Vr that is, realy is Mint with elect recaros/black leather and everything done with sweeet BB's.

Just lernt that he is thinking of selling. realy will be a cracking buy!

plenty of scope for the "Bally mister" drop :lol:

I no.. wanted to buy one back in june, then things changed & decided to have the valver painted..

Sumps are an issue for low cars :roll:

Its making only 281bhp at mo,running a safe map, but vince says its good for 295bhp for the mods done,the motors only done 15k miles.

U the man,. I presume your operating on OBD1? that Vr's a little tight with 15k mls, mine's just loosened up and ripe ( i think) for some hard wear.

Did u do it your self or at Stealt?

Anybody got a clue if the work involved or if Stealth was to do the overhaul? Not sure which way to go, only know a hyke is on the cards.

You won't much, if any, of a BHP increase with a Shrek. The torque difference is superb tho. I want another shrek! I am looking for one at the moment.

Supposed to be 25 bhp when used with the 268 cams i think? Not a lot on its own though like you say.

I love mine though. Still running my engine in so i have been relying on the torque of the schrick under 3000 revs. I'm up to 4100 revs now so i can start enjoying the cams as well :)

Vince fitted charger & mapped mine, vince is your man. Phone stealth great guys.

Cheers Blue, U prob right.

25bhp with the 268 fastcam? Hmmmmmmmm, Will deffo need the charger :lol:

Anyway, Back on topic,

Thanks Eric for your help.

I will post details of the bitz when I get a mo :D

I knew that talking to Aaron would sway you in this direction Kieran! The cars looking stunning by the way!

Do you really need a shrick if you are going with a charger too?? Is one not enough?

Really good to meet you on Sunday, give me shout if you're around.

Nice to see u on line, Ya, good meet-up, and blast up the M7, that old Mk1 held her own :D

Your G was hot on the pace 2! Cracking, with that Grey leather.

I want the Schrick cos it looks the dogs and for the low-end torque. the VR is great at mid to high end torque, but you have to drive her hard to get the enjoyment you would normaly get from a light valver.

Smoking :twisted:

Nice to see u on line, Ya, good meet-up, and blast up the M7, that old Mk1 held her own :D

Your G was hot on the pace 2! Cracking, with that Grey leather.

I want the Schrick cos it looks the dogs and for the low-end torque. the VR is great at mid to high end torque, but you have to drive her hard to get the enjoyment you would normaly get from a light valver.

Smoking :twisted:

I was looking out for the cops as the rallycross was on, i'm fond of my clean license!! :D

Have to agree that it looks class with the shrick, try edition 38 for a second hand one! The only thing i'd do to your car is charge it and lower it. Does it really need fresh paint??

Looks class by the way!

How much did Stealth charge for doing the whole deal on the charger, if you don't mind me asking?

The concept of fitting it myself is lunacy, but if somewhere with Stealth's reputation offered a fitting service it becomes more reasonable ..