Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

VAG-COM help

Anyone with the full version of VAG-COM in the East Midlands area? I need to sort a problem out with my Passat before I sell it?

I'm just off M1 J25 - of course I'm willing to travel.

Then maybe I can put the money towards another Rado :D

Thanks

Dave

Yeah I did think about that thread but thought it was quite old and maybe out of date by now. I'll have a browse.

There is a place called Volksline in Nuneaton, who will do it for a small price, say a £5.

£5!! sounds too cheap. Thanks anyway, I'll look em up.

? Too cheap ?

Its been there for about 20 years, this place, and is on an old run down industrial estate. As my friend has been going there for years, the guy let me plug in for free. It was worth the small journey from Warwick direction; considering VW want £89

? Too cheap ?

Its been there for about 20 years, this place, and is on an old run down industrial estate. As my friend has been going there for years, the guy let me plug in for free. It was worth the small journey from Warwick direction; considering VW want £89

I meant it sounds too good to be true.

You were being shafted. Even in Reading (the home of over-charging), the local VW place will do an error code scan for 30 minutes labour, i.e. £45+VAT...

You were being shafted. Even in Reading (the home of over-charging), the local VW place will do an error code scan for 30 minutes labour, i.e. £45+VAT...

Well Mat, I refused to bend over and take it. A free check turned out the best bet in the end. Being done over at VW Cov doesn't surprise me; they told me it would take 1.5hrs to check an ABS error code; and they'd be willing to throw in a free diagnostic for the rest of teh car. Gee thanks.