Sign in to follow this  
iow_corrado_g60

does anyone run a 60 or 62mm pulley on there G60?

As title just interested if anyone is running these smaller pulleys on there G? and how much more bhp would you expect from 65mm toothed pulley kit?

and also has anyone got a bar tek tuning chip?

Cheers in advance Andy

65mm is pushing it but ive read of americans running 58mm pulleys :shock:

Im happy with my 65mm toothed kit although it still needs adjusting.

Il let you have a go when everything is sorted and im pretty sure you will be convinced to go 65mm :wink:

what would it be every 10k???

Zoran's website has a good little calculator to show at what rpm the Lader would be rotating using various pulley sizes and entering what engine rpm you envisage on doing.

Bear in mind that the Lader doesn't like speeds of above 12000 rpm (due to things like permissable m/s-speed for the apex seals). The multiplier of Lader-speed to engine speed is 1.66 (1.7 for later G60s)!

http://www.corrado.info/

Tempest

I expect he'll be along soon, but I'm pretty sure G60-R required a charger rebuild quite quickly.

Off the top of my head.... I don't think it increases the maximum power that much, but it does increase boost lower down the rev range.

yep i had a 63 on my passat. was told it was a 72 when i bought it. and yes a bigger crank pully too. and yes, a trip to darren with a poped oil seal in just over 10000 miles. luck to make that long really. mostly motorways.

as far as performance goes. very quick off the line with oddles of low down grunt. started to peter off further up the range though. if you like short shifting it's cool. poor little g was snpinning its nuts off. i've put a 68 on now. must smoother to drive. althought if i get a rado g to molest i'll prob run a 65 depending on health of charger.

there is no need to go smaller than 68 for everyday road use...

Furks is also talking shit as we would not ever sell anything smaller than 65mm pulleys. (to the public anyway :wink:)

You'd be better off increasing your engine's ability to use the boost which is currently surplus (i.e the reading on your boost gauge). Things like flowed heads, exhaust manifolds and ported TB's will allow the engine to breathe more easily and are less stress on the engine than showing more air at higher pressure into it. I seem to recall Darren telling me about an engine he saw (8v G60) which registered 0 psi boost such was the efficiency of the head.

The thing about pulleys smaller than 68mm is that you're runing the charger outside it's comfort zone. The service interval for a 68mm pulley is 40K miles. This is halved when you go to a 65mm pulley!

not had a problem yet though. i rev to 6200 and no more. thats the comfort zone. thing is a std head only flows to 5500 or so anyway so revving it is a waste of time anyway.

i serviced DIY last time and would again.

thats the crap part of a G60 - the charger.

neil already have gas flowed and ported head, p&p throttle body & p&p inlet mani! so need the next step but am gonna go 65mm toothed me thinks and then fmic when funds allow!

p.s that 0psi is the cnc head would love it but well expensive iirc!