CrazyDave

Crazy Daves Bog Standard 16v :)

Wow! Thanks guys!

The fans shown are 6.57" and 11". Here is a datasheet for the 6.5", it really shifts some air for such a small fan and I think it's just what my VR needed on hot days sitting in traffic.

Dave you're a legend, drawing up a laser cut fan bracket was on my list of things to do, but no longer!! Is it possible to fit two 11" next to each other or is there not enough room? How come you went for a smaller one?

Lovely work as usual Dave. I'll definitely be interested, especially when I get started on my conversion. :notworthy:

Dave you're a legend, drawing up a laser cut fan bracket was on my list of things to do, but no longer!! Is it possible to fit two 11" next to each other or is there not enough room? How come you went for a smaller one?

It's that list that gets longer, not shorter!

Two 11's don't quite fit, and if you have a short-runner, you need a bit of space above the small fan. Most go for a 7 or 8" smaller fan but the 6.5" suited my car better. TBH most of the time the 11" does all the work just fine, the small one is for those extra warm sat in traffic for an hour days :(

Mic I'll stick you on the list then. Tis about time your project got under way 8)

Brilliant Dave! - a master of value addition! :clap:

Is there no end to the ways you can find to improve your C?

How is it that VW haven't head-hunted you?

:lol: Cheers Phil! No offers from VW yet!

It looks like 9" and 11" fans are another option for this? No problem adjusting the brackets for that size. Any thoughts?

Brilliant Dave! - a master of value addition! :clap:

Is there no end to the ways you can find to improve your C?

How is it that VW haven't head-hunted you?

Because they're only interested in selling sh!t like the Tiguan and the Fox.. the interesting stuff has to take the backseat! :(

Can the bracket be used on the other side of the rad? If so you can put my name down.

Not quite sure what you mean..... if you mean on the front of the rad then no it won't. The main fixing lugs are on the rear (engine side) of the radiator, the front only has small holes.

Let me know what size fans you want brackets for, choice of two 6.5/11" or 9/11"

Updated

Mr cheese/piano/trip/fuse bloke 6.5/11"

Stormcharged VR.

Leon. 9/11"

Heresites.

Yeti.

Think this needs shifting into the for sale section, wasn't quite expecting this much interest. Need to read up on how to do that though.....

Can the bracket be used on the other side of the rad? If so you can put my name down.

Not quite sure what you mean..... if you mean on the front of the rad then no it won't. The main fixing lugs are on the rear (engine side) of the radiator, the front only has small holes.

Let me know what size fans you want brackets for, choice of two 6.5/11" or 9/11"

Mr cheese/piano/trip/fuse bloke.

Stormcharged VR.

Leon. 9/11"

Heresites.

Think this needs shifting into the for sale section, wasn't quite expecting this much interest. Need to read up on how to do that though.....

Please put me on the list! good work there, very neat little bracket :clap:

Bit of an update.

Finished doing the mod for the 9/11" fan bracket and getting it made now. I might have to send this out to you Leon so you can have a trial fit, I don't have a 9" fan.

Still need to confirm sizes for everyone else....

Bit of an update.

Finished doing the mod for the 9/11" fan bracket and getting it made now. I might have to send this out to you Leon so you can have a trial fit, I don't have a 9" fan.

Still need to confirm sizes for everyone else....

No worries Dave - I'll offer it up against the fan - but not yet in a position to remove the entire arrangement. Is there anything I could help for the design or measurements? I should really have thought of this earlier - blinded by the pics in the previous post - theres a good chance that the mounting holes could differ between brands. I'll check mine later

As part of the on-going improvements on the VRT I've come up with the MK2 Short Manifold. Nearly 2kg lighter that the original and a much neater folded design means less welding and much stronger. Sunglasses at the ready :lol:

DSC_03890001_1.JPG[/attachment:17nqp2qv]

That is awesome work Dave, I might have to have a more indepth chat with you about my short runner needs. Hats off to you (as usual) sir! :salute:

As for fan sizes, I'm happy with a 6.5" setup as I'm unsure I'll have space for two large fans. Just let me know when you want the monies, are Ugandan dollars ok?

Looks stunning Dave.

Been meaning to catch up about the springs. Think I've arranged a second set, so you can hang onto those ones. :)

Looks stunning Dave.

Been meaning to catch up about the springs. Think I've arranged a second set, so you can hang onto those ones. :)

Great stuff! Your a rather hairy angel :D did wonder how we sorted that lot out. Let me know what the damage is.

Looks stunning Dave.

Great stuff! Your a rather hairy angel :D did wonder how we sorted that lot out. Let me know what the damage is.

:) No worries. I'll give you a shout somewhen in the future. :D

Updated

Mr cheese/piano/trip/fuse bloke 9/11"

Stormcharged VR. 6.5"/11"

Leon. 9/11"

Heresites. 6.5/11"

Yeti.

Mic_vr. 6.5/11"

KAD-VR6 9/11"

JamminVR6Storm 6.5/11"

6.5/11" brackets should be done for this weekend. Only getting one 9/11" done so that Leon can try it for size.

hi dave,

can you please put me down for a 9" and an 11" fan holder please mate, and any news on the throttle body adaptor, theres no rush mate as the car is still with Vince anyway :(

hi dave,

can you please put me down for a 9" and an 11" fan holder please mate, and any news on the throttle body adaptor, theres no rush mate as the car is still with Vince anyway :(

Should get the TB adapters back with the rest of the rad brackets, so pretty soon. I'll check to make sure they haven't forgotten them :)

StormchargedVR cheers! I wonder what postage to Jersey is????