Sign in to follow this  
Jon_vr6

Just Provisionally bought a vr6 storm in mystic blue

Yeeesss!!

As you can see im in a good mood!! Just got to go and see it next weekend price bought for was £3950 plus tax disc renewal!

Its got 125k on the clock been family owned for the last 7 years and everything is standard apart from a tape player and a cd changer in the boot!

Leather is a bit worn but can always get that sorted quite easily!

Sweet, looks like a pretty good deal to me.

It's a good time of year for buying cars :)

Hope it lives up to your expectations when you pick it up!

and everything is standard apart from a tape player and a cd changer in the boot!

..and the bump strips have been removed ( make sure you ask why, as it could mean that it's been in for paint and not had them replaced. )

EDIT - By bump strips, I mean the black plastic strips on the side of the car, you can see them easily on this nugget Corrado :

yeah will do only just noticed that well spotted will deffo ask about that cheers mate! They are an old couple so i probably imagine it was by the first owner!

Dont like bump strips anyway!!

Dont like bump strips anyway!!

Yeah me neither, alot of owners remove them because they prefer the look of the car without so no real cause for concern. I was caught out once by a seller with no morals, and now i'm extra carefull about buying cars that are far away. Just something to be aware of :)

Thats a great price for a storm, you lucky so and so!!!

I wish mine had been that price.

Is it your first Rado??

Enjoy it!!

yeah first one cant wait next weekend cant come round fast enough!!

The man whose car it is was very careful on who he sold the car to he didnt want some boyracer gettin hold of it and modding it up! Wanted someone to cherish it as he as done which shows that he has taken care of it!

HPI came back clear which was good at first the vin didnt match up to the reg plate but turns out a digit which i thought was a 2 was a Z! had 2 owners from new aswel bargain of the century IMO!

Got my first Storm over the weekend too.

Took just over 9 hours to drive it home, was 606 miles though ;)

Anyone know if these Corrado sunroofs are notorious for playing up, couple I went an viewed had issues.

What happens if you were to tilt by mistake while it was slid back, if this possible or would it not let you do that.

Was a couple of scratches on roof when it had been catching slightly but when I tried it, it went back fine but wasnt game for closing, it ended up scratching it at one side quite bad, grrrr!

Also doesnt seem to start too great, has a weird noise when you start it, anyone got any ideas what this might be.

good buy.bought my storm 3 months ago.£3500

hmmmm, saw a very similar Storm going a few months ago, down south near Southampton/Pylmouth..... really wanted it too for the price.

nice car @ top btw :)

What happens if you were to tilt by mistake while it was slid back, if this possible or would it not let you do that.

it just closes, and if you keep it pressed it will tilt ;)

nice bargain there mate :)

Cheers fellas for your kind words!

Gettin my mate who works for audi to service it when i get bk next weekend to make sure everythings fine!

it just closes, and if you keep it pressed it will tilt ;)

nice bargain there mate :)

I mean if it allows you to try and tilt it while its back so its tilting into the underside of the roof.

Seemed to look high up and one side and normal at the other, hence the scrapping on the high up side

It won't tilt when it's slid, it's just not designed that way.

If it's sitting high one side, chances are the guides are a bit knacked, which is not uncommon. The moral of this story is never slide your corrado sunroof back ...

The moral of this story is never slide your corrado sunroof back ...

...EVER!! I tried it three times, first time a pigeon sh*t straight onto the Karmann badge, and second time it jammed but eventually closed after i 'coaxed' it... last time was when it stopped working half open, just before a cloudburst!! :mad: