Sign in to follow this  
alex303

Brembo 4 pots & 323mm discs

Hi people, not been on this forum for too long but have had my VR for 4 years now and only just getting interested in modding it (yeah i know i'm slow). Had some luck a couple of days ago and managed to get hold of a set of brand new Brembo GT Junior 4 pot calipers on the Bay. These are the ones that work with the 323mm discs which i've also now sourced along with brackets etc from Bill @ Badger5. Have now gotta replace my 16" TT alloys with something a bit more sizeable (in a hurry as the car going to G-Werks new week). Main issue seems to be i need about 50mm clearance for the new callipers between the hub & back of the spokes according to Bill.

Any suggestions for suitable wheels would be much appreciated from others that have already done this, have already heard that OZ Super T's & Speedline Turini will clear ok but any other suggestions are welcomed...cheers

look for anything with a flat face. anything that has a dished rim is practically guaranteed to have rubbish caliper clearance.

offset (ET) can also help. low ET will push the wheel further out, and away from the caliper.

Do you mean the flat faced 6 spoke jobbies Darren will PM you a photo as can't figure out how to attach it to this reply!

TT comps don't go over my AP Racings and they need 46mm clearance, so how doubtful they will go over the Brembos if they need 50mm? Without spacers that is? You can't space the wheels out much on the VR because of the already wide track.

Compomotive MO will go over, as will Team Dynamics ProRace 1.....but they're made to order tho unfortunately.

OK thanks guys, Supercharged yeah your quite right it is the 5 spoke ones i should be referring to, spoke to Bill this evening and he's sure he's had customers who've used them before with the Brembo's (i did'nt ask about spacers though to be fair so am still concerned after what Kev's said).

Hmmm think i'm starting to lean towards the OZ Racing Superturismo GT's as there at least one other member of the forum thats running them without spacers and Brembo's (can lay my hands on them in 24 hours too which is handy as the clocks running)!

Quick update, went for the OZ Super T GT's in the end picked them up last week & finally got then fitted today (bit of a delay getting the VR to G-Werks), calliper clearance looks good (without spacers) and am pretty damn pleased with the wheels themselves look wicked in Race silver & don't seem to have detracted from the current handling, think will look & handle much better still once the Koni's / springs / ARB's etc all go on & she drops 40mm, many thanks to 'LicklePaulie' for all the info!