Sign in to follow this  
Trig

Fill in the Gaps

Ok, looking for some advice from the pros here.

I want to give the new car a REALLY good clean and polish. I have a load of products that i've used before most of which i'm very happy with but I want some advice on what else I could/should use to get better results.

So in the car care wing of my garage at the moment is...

Meguiars NXT Car Wash

Meg's NXT Tech Wax

Meg's Scratch X

AG Vinyl & Rubber

AG Bumper Gel

Gliptone LL Cleaner

Gliptone LL Condtioner

Meg's wax aplicator

Meg's MF wash mit

Meg's Super Terry towel

...think that's it.

Now I gather I should be using a clay bar as well after washing. Also I guess I should be using a different cleaner for wheels & tyres + something for the glass. Oh and some polish (goes on before wax right?).

So what products do you reccommend and where's the best place to get them? I just want to give her a really good clean and some protection over the winter.

Thanks awfully for your help :)

The meguires tyre black is the best that i have used.

Wheel cleaner, id recommend autoglym, it eats dirt off the wheels and doesnt do any damage!

I like the Autoglym polish with the black lable which is for dark metallics.

Hi m8,

You only want to clay the car once and see how it goes.Its not really something to keep doing if you have a good routine/products to stick to afterwards...

You have a pretty good collection there,as for the glass cleaning...a lot of personal preference involved.I like foaming aerosol types used with a glass specific microfibre myself...The cream glass polishes are good for cutting through heavy nicotine staining and traffic film,but a few tend to leave a dusty/powdery residue.

The megs tyre gloss is good as Goldie says 8) And the Autoglym he refers to is the Ultra deep shine,also good stuff,and yep...polish before the wax.

Neil. :)

Thanks,

Now... just need to work out where i'm going to buy this stuff from... ;)

Bojmobile, it's great thanks. I started a thread in General Car Chat, have a look for the full report! :)

I would recommend Autoglym Machine Cleaner for the engine bay, spray on, agitate with a paintbrush and it will gleam, really good stuff for the alloys too.

Trigger,

Put a list together and throw me a pm...We have a few items on christmas offer at the moment so i cant promise too much but ill see what we can do.

If you want,you can use the site to put things in your Volksdevil shopping basket (A manly shopping basket like :lol: ) and you can copy the list and pm it to me.

Neil. :)

polish before the wax.

If im using the autolym Ultra deep shine and tha Carnauba stuff i got from you what order should i use them in??

polish before the wax.

If im using the autolym Ultra deep shine and tha Carnauba stuff i got from you what order should i use them in??

Autoglym first m8 8)

Neil.

Big thanks to Riley. Got a load of stuff from Volksdevil the other day. You did me a great deal and the stuff arrived quickly. Car's looking very shiny. :)